Hat Sizing Guide
Hat Sizing Guide: How to Choose the Correct Hat Size The appropriate hat style has been identified; now it is necessary to ensure that it fits like a glove. Women’s hat sizing, men’s hat sizing, and recommendations for measuring your head with our custom measurement tool are all included in Hats in the Belfry’s convenient hat sizing guide, which makes shopping for hats online a breeze. While it comes to sizing for hats that are offered in numerical and alpha sizes, this article will lead you through the basic size recommendations, the different sorts of men’s and women’s hat sizes, measurement ideas, and techniques for measuring your head when sizing.
Hats for Women in Various Sizes Female hats, in general, are designed to be proportioned in a way that is universally comfortable.
The actual hat sizes, on the other hand, might differ from one designer to another.
Some hat models will include an adjustable inside drawstring or band to help keep the hat in place while you’re out and about.
- Hats for Men are available in a variety of sizes.
- Occasionally, you will come across men’s hats that are available in one size fits all.
- As a first step in shopping for caps in alpha or numerical sizing, we recommend that you carefully measure your head using the measurement method provided below to ensure that you get the best fit possible.
- If you have any queries about men’s hat sizing, you can always contact us by phone at 1-888-999-HATS or via email.
- You may also use our handy custom measuring tool to get an accurate measurement of your head.
- If required, round up to the closest eighth of an inch using the hat size chart provided below to get your appropriate size.
Remember that hat fitting is neither an exact science, nor is it a guarantee of a proper hat fit. For additional information, please see our easy-to-use hat size guide for both men and women.
|Measurement in Inches||Hat Size||European Size|
|21 1/8||6 3/4 – S||54|
|21 1/2||6 7/8 – S||55|
|21 7/8||7 – M||56|
|22 1/4||7 1/8 – M||57|
|22 5/8||7 1/4 – L||58|
|23||7 3/8 – L||59|
|23 1/2||7 1/2 – XL||60|
|23 7/8||7 5/8 – XL||61|
|24 1/4||7 3/4 – XXL||62|
– There is no such thing as an exact science or a guarantee of fit when it comes to fitting your head. Hats in the Belfry accepts returns and exchanges. If you’ve bought the wrong size hat or realized after placing your order that you’d like something else, please refer to our simplereturn policy for assistance. If you notify us within 30 days of receiving your hat, you will be able to return or exchange it for another one. When we get the return slip and the hat, we will process your return within 14 business days or less, depending on the circumstances.
You can reach us by phone at 1-888-999-HATS or by email.
How to Measure Your Head for a Hat
Having a hat that fits properly on your head is essential when it comes to staying safe from the sun. It is essential to have a hat that holds on firmly while you lean and bend, and one that remains place in the wind, if you spend a significant amount of your time working outside. If your hat does not have a correct fit, it may slip off and not provide the necessary sun protection, or it may be excessively tight, which may be painful. As a result, we encourage you to follow the instructions below for determining your hat size.
- In addition, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other queries concerning our palm hat dimensions.
- How to determine your hat size is as follows: The most straightforward method is to wrap a piece of twine around your head and measure where the hat will sit.
- After that, measure the string against a tape measure and compare the results to our hat sizing guide.
- A precise fit will not be achieved if the string is pulled too tight or too loosely held together.
- Sizing tape can be used to reduce the size of a hat.
- Important: Please keep in mind that the sizing tape will not function on hats that have an interior elasticized Sizing Sweatband (SSB).
- Sizing Tape (also known as a measuring tape): If your hat is a little too big, you may purchase sizing tape to help you get it to fit properly.
- Using a strip of fabric about 4-6″ in length, attach it behind the sweatband.
- Important: Please keep in mind that the sizing tape will not function on hats that have an interior elasticized Sizing Sweatband (SSB).
How To Measure Your Hat Size
When it comes to finding the right hat, many considerations than only appearance and function are taken into consideration. It’s also about the right fit. When worn properly, hats may improve an outfit while also complementing your appearance. It’s possible that hats that don’t fit properly wind up in a box at the back of your wardrobe. Even the most fashionable hat in the world will be of little use if it is constantly slipping down over your eyes or tucked away out of sight. If you’ve set your sights on the ideal headgear, it’s critical to determine what size you require before making a purchase.
The first step in determining the proper fit for you is to take precise measurements of your head and review the size chart provided above.
To begin, you’ll need a measuring tape or a 25-inch rope and a ruler to work with. Once you’ve acquired your materials, take these three simple steps to complete the project:
- Measure the circumference of your head: Using your measuring tape or a piece of thread, evenly wrap it around your head until it overflows the circumference. For the best accurate measurement, keep it approximately 1 inch above your ears. Find your correct size by going to: The length of your measuring tape or string should be the same as the diameter of your head once you have taken your measurement. Make use of the hat sizing chart, which is as follows: To determine your hat size, measure your head circumference using a ruler and compare it to the matching size on the chart. Typically, these charts will give the measures in centimeters and inches, as well as other units of measurement. Hats are often available in sizes ranging from 53 to 58 cm in circumference. Whenever your measurement is in the middle of two distinct sizes, we recommend that you scale up to the nearest 1/8-inch. You may then use the hat’s sizing tape to adjust the fit of your hat if necessary
However, it is vital to remember that even if there is an industry standard, each hat manufacturer has their own style and preferences. Depending on which business made the hat, there may be some variances and discrepancies in the sizing available. To guarantee you get the proper fit, it’s vital to measure your head and consult the hat’s unique size guide before purchasing.
How to Measure Your Hat Size
Despite the fact that there is an industry standard, it is crucial to remember that every hat maker is unique. Depending on whatever firm designed the hat, there may be some differences and discrepancies in sizing. To guarantee you get the proper fit, it’s vital to measure your head and consult the hat’s unique size guide before buying.
- The most often seen sizes on our site are SM, MD, LG, XL, and, on occasion, 23X
- The second most frequently encountered size on our site is that of half-sizes
- And the third most frequently encountered size on our site is that of half-sizes. In other words, there are generally just two sizes available: SM/MD and LG/XL. There are also 2X sizes available on occasion
- However, the more customary sizing is based on the actual measurement in inches and/or centimeters. These hat sizes are typically found on more costly hats
Using the hat measurement chart above, you can get a good sense of what size hat you should wear by measuring your head and comparing the results. The fact that these size connections are not always perfectly matching between brands and designs, as well as the fact that every hat is somewhat different, should be noted. Upon request, we can gladly measure the interior of any hat you see on our site to guarantee that it is a suitable fit before mailing your order. Hats Unlimited also has a generous return policy that applies to all of our products.
Our objective is to ensure that you are wearing the appropriate hat for your needs.
The distinctions between a men’s hat and a woman’s hat should also be taken into consideration while selecting the appropriate size. One size fits all approaches are most typically used when designing women’s hats. However, this is not always the case. For the most part, an adult woman with a head circumference between 21 1/2 inches and 22 1/4 inches may easily wear a women’s hat in most situations. In today’s market, manufacturers are more frequently addressing the issue of size variance by including an adjustable band or an inside drawstring in their designs.
What is pleasant from one brand may be uncomfortably uncomfortable from another.
Fortunately, ladies can wear any men’s style, and do so frequently, and look really elegant when wearing the appropriate hat.
Men’s hats are frequently available in only a few different sizes. Men’s hat sizes can be measured in sizes ranging from S to XL or with numerical values ranging from 6 to 8. Men’s hats may also be available in a one-size-fits-all configuration, with the range of sizes that may be accommodated often being greater than that of women’s sizing. Once you’ve taken your measurements, you may go to the manufacturer’s sizing chart to decide which size you should get. Comparing the hat’s measurements to your own is a good idea if you’re thinking about buying one that claims to be one size fits all.
Even though it is difficult to obtain accurate measures of every hat we sell on Hats Unlimited since there are so many, we make every effort to publish measurements of our most popular hats on the product page of each hat we sell on Hats Unlimited.
Tips and Tricks for Measuring Your Hat Size
Taking a hat measurement is not difficult, but it is important to get a precise measurement so that you may enjoy your new hat as much as possible. Avoid purchasing a hat that will not be worn, and instead follow these five success-oriented guidelines.
1. Measure Twice, Buy Once
The ancient carpenter’s saying holds true for both measuring hats and measuring tapes. The initial measurement you take might be perilous, especially if this is the first time you’ve taken a measurement of your skull. It is possible that you will be left with a hat that is not comfy if you buy one based on an erroneous measurement. Make it a point to measure at least twice before placing your order in order to avoid this problem. Make a note of the circumference in both centimeters and inches when the initial measurement is completed.
A second measurement of the same value indicates that you are most likely on the right route.
You want to acquire the same numbers every time so you can be certain that you’re getting the proper hat for the occasion.
2. Size up, Not Down
You should round up to the nearest 1/8 inch if you are measuring your head and the result is in the middle of a range of values. Although it may not appear to be much of a change, even a fraction of an inch may make a significant impact when it comes to wearing a comfortable hat. If you order a smaller size, you may end up with a hat that is too tight. We recommend ordering a size larger than you normally would since you can easily adjust your hat back down with our Hat Sizing Tape, which you can purchase on our website.
3. Don’t Pull the String Tight
Use caution while wrapping a string or flexible measuring tape around your head to prevent tugging the string or tape too tightly around your head. Ideally, you don’t want it to be too loose that it falls down, but tugging it too tight will distort your dimensions and result in an erroneous size being ordered. To make a decent rule of thumb, tighten the string until the hat feels snug on your head. Remember that some hats should be worn more loosely than others, so keep this in mind when determining how tight you should tighten the string.
4. Expect Differences Between Manufacturers
As individual as the maker who makes it, each hat is a one-of-a-kind piece of art. Unfortunately, despite the fact that there is an industry standard for hat sizing, irregularities in production and supplier differences do exist. This is why it’s always a good idea to take your measurements and consult the retailer’s size guide before purchasing a new hat. Using the size chart provided by the manufacturer that manufactured the hat is the most reliable approach to assure a proper fit every time.
Hats Unlimited would also gladly double-check the size of a particular style for you if you have any questions or concerns. Customer care may be reached through email at [email protected] or by phone at 888-997-4287 if you need assistance.
5. Sizing Depends on the Style You Choose
Various hat styles are intended to be worn in a variety of different ways. Some hats should be worn tightly against your head, while others should be worn a little looser on your head. When determining what size to get, take into consideration the fit and feel of the hat. In certain circumstances, this may entail choosing a size that is somewhat smaller or larger than the one you originally measured using your measurements. You should ask the merchant for sizing recommendations if you are unsure about your shoe size.
Common Questions About Hat Sizes
It is common to have questions while you are measuring your head. Being in the hat industry for many years, we are familiar with the problems that individuals have when they are attempting to determine their hat size. If you have any questions, please contact us. Take a look at some of the examples:
1. What Does “One Size Fits Most” Mean?
Most women’s hats are one size fits all, which is a common practice. Because of this, there are no distinct sizes, such as S-XL, or a numerical equivalent to distinguish them. As an alternative, these hats are made to fit a wide range of head sizes and shapes. Some designs may also include extras like as an adjustable band, which is a nice touch. You should measure the diameter of your head and compare it to the specs of the hat you’re contemplating to guarantee that a one size fits all style will fit you comfortably.
Hats for men may also be available in a one-size fits all style in some instances.
2. What’s the Average Hat Size for Men and Women?
When it comes to adults, the average head circumference lies between 53 millimeters and 58 cm. A man’s typical hat size will be roughly 59 centimeters in circumference, while a woman’s average hat size will be approximately 57 centimeters in circumference. While it is beneficial to be aware of the typical hat size, it is not recommended that you use this size to calculate your personal dimensions. It’s important to remember that an average is a number that is produced from small, medium, and big data combined together.
When purchasing a hat, the best way to assure an appropriate fit is to measure the diameter of your head and compare it to the available sizes.
3. Can I Guess My Size if I Don’t Have a Measuring Tape Handy?
If you’ve previously purchased a hat from the same business, you might be able to make an educated estimate or depend on previous measurements to determine what size to purchase this time around. If, on the other hand, you’re purchasing a hat from a new shop or a different sort of hat from what you’ve previously purchased, be cautious about making a sizing assumption. The same way that clothes have modest variations in sizing from one brand to the next, hats have slight variations in sizing from one brand to the next.
In the event that you don’t have access to a measuring tape, most individuals have access to some thread and a ruler that they may use instead.
Prior to making a purchase, gather these materials and use them to obtain precise measurements of the space. Alternatively, if you’re considering whether or not to make a purchase in the shop, ask a member of the sales team for assistance with size.
4. What if I Can’t Find My Hat Size?
The majority of men and women fall somewhere in the middle of the hat sizing chart. Make sure your tape measure is straight and not bent before proceeding if you’re obtaining an unusually high or low reading. Make another attempt at measuring. If your head is much larger or smaller than the average, you may want to look for a hat that is the closest size to your head and has an adjustable band or drawstring so that you may alter the hat’s fit. You may also experiment with other hat manufacturers and styles.
Find the Right Hat for Your Face Shape
The importance of finding the appropriate match should not be underestimated. Also available are hats that are appropriate for your facial shape. Whether you have a round face, heart-shaped face, or long face, the right hat for you will depend on your facial structure. Do you have a face that is shaped like a diamond or a square? We’ve got caps for all of these occasions as well. In general, you will want to follow these guidelines to ensure that your glasses are the proper fit for your face shape:
- If you have a long face, search for hats with wide brims or hats with brims that cut over the forehead. If your face is round, search for hats with angled components and caps that display more of your face
- If your face is square, go for hats with rounded edges. If you have a square-shaped face, floppy hats with wide, straight brims may be extremely flattering
- If you have a round face, floppy hats and wide, straight brims can be very appealing
- You should opt for hats that aren’t too thin at the top if you have a heart-shaped face
- In the case of a diamond-shaped face, seek for hats that may be positioned toward the rear of the head.
While these are sound recommendations, it is important not to become bogged down in the details. At the end of the day, confidence is the key to finding and wearing the ideal hat. There is no greater sensation than donning a stunning hat that seems as if it was custom-made for your head. That’s precisely what you may do if you choose the proper hat and fit for the occasion.
Shop Hats Unlimited for the Styles You Love
Shopping for the ideal hat from Hats Unlimited is a lot of fun because there are more than 1,000 different types to pick from. Our stores are always stocked with the most up-to-date styles of headwear for men, women, children, and infants. Baseball caps, fedoras, and cowboy hats are just a few of the varieties that we provide in addition. We’re always introducing new, on-trend designs to our collection to ensure that you always have something to wear, no matter what look you’re looking for. In any case, whether you’re shopping online or at one of the stores in Southern California, our knowledgeable sales associates are devoted to assisting you in finding the correct look and size for you.
- You didn’t find what you were searching for?
- You may place your purchase with confidence if you are buying online.
- You may take your own hat measurements from the convenience of your own home and be confident that the hat you get will be the correct size.
- Those particulars, as well as your color preferences, are all listed on our website.
- Our stores have more than 10,000 hats in stock, so we’re certain that we’ll be able to find the right style and size for you.
- If you’ve worked out how to measure your head size but have discovered that you have a hat size that isn’t widely available, please get in touch with us.
We are frequently successful in locating hard-to-find sizes and styles. If you can describe what you’re looking for, our experts will almost always be able to locate it. Browse through our assortment today and make use of this helpful size page and guide to discover the perfect hat for you.
|Hat size is based on the circumference of the head. In order to determine your proper hat size, you must take a measurement of your head.Using a tape measure, measure your head about one-half inch above your eyebrows where your hat will rest. Be certain that the tape measure is straight, not twisted. Alternatively, you can use piece of string to measure your head, and then measure the length of the string with a ruler. If you are not certain about size, or are between sizes, buy the larger size.Use the chart below to determine your hat size based on the measurement you take.|
Shape of Your Head – Long Oval
Some heads are more elongated than others, and are referred to as “long ovals” in hat jargon. DelMonico Hatter has the capacity to mold any hat into an oval form that is long and slender. Purchasing a conventional oval hat for someone who wears a long oval will make the hat uncomfortably tight and the brim will tug and wrinkle. When placing your purchase, please specify whether you would want your hat to be long or oval. You should be informed that any headwear that have been altered will not be accepted for return.
It is important to note that it is not required to form a cloth hat or cap to the length of an oval.
Hat Care Tips
The best way to take care of your hat is as follows:
- Handle your hat by the brim at all times. Maintain as little physical contact with the crown as possible. This is especially true in the case of straw hats. Grabbing a hat by the front pinch of the crown is a natural reflex for many individuals, but this may do significant damage to hats if done incorrectly. Squeezing the straw of a panama hat will lead it to crack, and wearing out the felt of a felt hat will eventually cause it to fall apart, resulting in a hole in it. You should never lay your hat on the brim of your hat while the brim is turned down. It should be turned upside down and rested on the crown. Resting a hat on a brim that has been turned down will flatten the brim. If the brim is snapped up, you can carefully rest the hat on the brim
- We recommend that you dust your hat with a soft bristles hat brush on a regular basis to maintain it clean and fresh. When it comes to cleaning the hat, this brush is excellent for getting rid of anything stuck on the surface such as dirt, dust, or lint. Heat will cause the internal sweatband to shrink, so avoid being near stoves, radiators, lighting, or automobile windows. Keep your hat in a cool, dry location to ensure that it maintains its form and remains clean. When it’s not in season, store your hat in a hat box.
If your hat gets wet, do the following:
- Make every effort to keep your straw hat from becoming wet! As the straw becomes saturated with water, it will inflate, darken, and become unrecognizable
- The first step is to restore the hat to its natural form, followed by lowering the internal leather sweatband and allowing the hat to dry while resting on the sweatband. If the brim of the hat is turned down, do not lay the hat on it while it is wet. The hat can be carefully rested on the brim to dry, if the brim has been snapped back into place again. Keep your wet hat away from heat since this may cause the internal leather sweatband to shrink, resulting in random patterns on the felt once it has dried.
Hat Sizing Chart
|Head Circumference||Adult Hat Size|
|Inches||Centimeters||Fitted||Easy Fit||Sized Stretch Fit||Stretch Fit/Adjustable|
|21 1/4||54||6 3/4||Small (S)||Small/Medium (S/M)|
|21 5/8||55||6 7/8|
|22||55.9||7||Medium (M)||One Size Fits Most|
|22 3/8||56.8||7-1/8||Medium/Large (M/L)|
|22 3/4||57.8||7-1/4||Large (L)|
|23 1/8||58.7||7 3/8|
|23 1/2||59.7||7 1/2||XL||Large/XL (L/XL)|
|23 7/8||60.6||7 5/8|
|24 1/4||61.6||7 3/4||XXL|
|24 5/8||62.5||7 7/8|
|Head Circumference||Children’s Hat Size|
|Inches||Centimeters||Fitted||Easy Fitted||Stretch Fitted||Kids|
|19 3/8||49.2||6 1/8||S||Toddler|
|19 3/4||50.2||6 1/4||S/M|
|20 1/8||51||6 3/8||M||Child|
|20 1/2||52||6 1/2|
|20 7/8||53||6 5/8||L||L/X||Youth|
|21 1/4||54||6 3/4|
|21 5/8||55||6 7/8||XL|
*These charts are provided solely for reference purposes. It is possible that the fit will differ based on the structure, materials, and manufacturer.
Baseball Cap Sizing Guide
Concourse Team Express is committed to protecting your personal information. Please review the information below to understand more about our privacy policies. Thank you.
You may rest certain that Concourse Team Express will protect your personal information. You may discover more about our privacy policies by reading through the sections below.
Information We Store On Your Computer
“Cookies” are little text files that allow us to tailor our websites to your preferences and provide you with tailored services. A cookie is a little bit of data that is accepted and stored on your computer’s hard drive by the majority of browsers. Cookies are used purely to let us know when you are visiting our site and to keep track of your previous visits to our site. Browsers are created in such a way that we are unable to view the cookies of other websites and they are unable to view ours.
Web Site Security
All orders placed through Concourse Team Express sites are protected utilizing the most up-to-date 256-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology available.
Because of this safeguard, it is possible that using your credit card via the Internet rather than at a store is really safer for you. A key or padlock icon with no cracks or breaks should appear towards the bottom of your browser window if your browser is operating in safe mode.
We do not intentionally collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen, nor do we knowingly enable such individuals to register with us. Unless you are over the age of thirteen, please do not send us any personal information about yourself, including your name, address, phone number, or email address. No one under the age of thirteen is permitted to submit any personal information to us. The information will be deleted as soon as we are made aware that it was taken from a child under the age of 13 without prior parental permission.
Children above the age of 13 are advised to seek their parents’ consent before disclosing any personal information about themselves to anybody through the Internet.
Team Express will appear as the merchant on all credit card billing bills for any purchases made with credit cards.
What You Can Do
We encourage you to notify us immediately if you believe that this site is not adhering to its stated privacy policies.
New Era Hat Sizes – The Ultimate New Era Cap Size Guide
Billion Creation is committed to ensuring that our clients receive the best possible fit. The New Era Hat Size Chart was produced as part of our dedication to you, the customer. Including 5950 Fitted Hats, 5950 Low Profile Fitted Hats, 3930 Flex Hats, 950 Snapback Hats, 940920 Adjustable Hats, and 29201920 Fitted Hats, this guide is the most comprehensive and detailed reference available for sizing New Era hats on the market today. This sizing chart will assist you in determining your correct size as well as the style that best suits you.
How To Measure Your Hat Size For A New Era Hat
Measure your head about where the cap will sit, which is normally about a half-inch above your eyebrows and ears, with a measuring tape to get your exact fit. Consult the table below to determine the appropriate cap size for you based on the style you want. Buy a size up if you’re in the middle of a pair of shoes. Given that hats tend to shrink with time, especially if they are made of wool, wearing one that is just a tad too tight will become progressively unpleasant as time goes on.
When it comes to finding the right fit, not only does size matter, but so does style. Check out our New Era Hat Style Guide to choose the hat that best suits your needs and preferences.
Finding Your Correct Hat Size
To begin, obtain a tape measure made of a flexible material such as cloth, fabric, or bendable plastic that may be easily bent. Wrap the measuring tape around your head, making careful to take your measurements above your ears in the area where you want to wear your hat to be most comfortable. Make certain that the tape is above your brows. Although it is a matter of personal preference, the largest area of your head is a good place to start measuring because that is where a hat would most likely fit the best.
- You should take many measurements to guarantee that you are receiving an accurate measurement. Don’t make the tape too tight
- It’s usually better to err on the side of having a bit too much space. The proportions and forms of people’s heads vary from one place to another. Among men, the most frequent hat size is 7-3/8, while the most common female hat size is 7-1/4.
CHECKING THE FIT OF YOUR HAT
- VERIFYING THE FIT OF YOUR HAT
How to Measure Your Head For the Perfect Hat Size
For many people, a hat is an essential piece of clothing. There are several sorts, designs, and styles from which to pick. However, no matter what sort of hat you buy, it will not look attractive unless it is properly fitted to your head. Putting on and taking off a hat is no different from putting on and taking off a pair of shoes. You wouldn’t buy a size 8 shoe if your foot is a size 9, would you? This is why it is so vital to get your head measured in order to ensure a suitable fit. When it comes to measuring your head for a hat, there are three fundamental stages to follow.
- It is recommended that you begin with the tape in the center of your forehead and wrap it entirely around until the other end meets the tip in the centre of your forehead.
- Measure just over your ears with the measuring tape, since this is where the bottom of the hat will be located.
- Step 3: Consult a hat measuring chart to see how to convert the size you typed down to one of the common hat measurements.
- Example: If your head circumference is 21 12 inches, your hat size will be 6 3 4 inches or small.
- For those who want to double-check their size or who don’t want to use a measuring tape, grab a piece of yarn or string and wrap it around their heads.
- Also, here’s how to determine the correct hat size for your head.
Hat size and how to measure head circumference
How to choose the correct hat size and how to measure the diameter of the head Men’s usual head sizes are size 7 3/8 (using U.S. size), 58 cm (using European size), or 7 1/8 (using British size) (using UK size). Women have an average head size of 7 14 inches (U.S. sizing). Of fact, the sizes and forms of people’s heads might vary from one nation to another.
Step 1:MEASURING HEAD SIZE
- A soft fabric measure tape or a string can be used as a measuring instrument. PLACEIT around your head, across the middle of your forehead, and 1/8 inch above your ears
- When measuring, make sure to hold the tape or string firmly but not too tightly, and measure the length in centimeters. Locate the most appropriate size on the hat sizing chart
Step 2:MATACH THE HAT SIZE CHART
Soft fabric measure tape or a string are good options for measuring tools. It should be wrapped around your head, across your mid-forehead, and 1/8 inch above your ears. The length in centimeters (CM) should be measured by holding the tape or string firmly but not too tightly. Identify your proper hat size using the hat sizing chart.
Hat size for adultschildren:
|Head Size in inches||US Hat Size||General Hat Size||Metric Size|
|20 7/8||6 5/8||Small||53cm|
|21 1/8||6 3/4||Small||54cm|
|21 1/2||6 7/8||Small||55cm|
|22 1/4||7 1/8||Medium||57cm|
|22 5/8||7 1/4||Large||58cm|
|23 1/2||7 1/2||Extra Large||60cm|
|23 7/8||7 5/8||Extra Large||61cm|
|24 1/4||7 3/4||Extra Large||62cm|
|24 5/8||7 7/8||Extra Extra Large||63cm|
|25||8||Extra Extra Large||64cm|
|KIDS HAT SIZE|
|KANGOL SIZE||AGE OF CHILD**||MEASURED IN INCHES||MEASURED IN CM|
|Kids Small||Under 6 months||Less than 19″||50cm|
|Kids Medium||–||Less than 20 1/4″||52cm|
|Kids Large||–||Less than 21 1/2″||54cm|
Children’s heads develop to be about 80 percent of their adult size throughout their first year on the planet. We have discovered that, when it comes to hat sizing, the head measurement of the kid is more relevant than the child’s age. As a result, with the exception of newborns, we do not categorize our sizes according to age. Our previous experience has shown us that the size tiny is quite small and is only suitable for newborns. Please take the following measurements of your child’s head. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF INFANTS, SMALL SIZES SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
Hint: HOW TO MEASURE A HAT SIZE
- A hat size measuring instrument in the form of a scissor type compass
- INSERT it within the hat crown, surrounding it with the sweatband, and open the scissor to the widest possible opening
- Taking measurements: After that, you may read the cap head size in centimeters or inches from the gadget.
/Have a quote request?/
You will receive a response within 30 minutes of submitting your request. CNCAPS Admin (CNCAPS Administration)
Share This Post, Choose Your Platform!
Copyright 2021|CNCAPS.com|Reserved Rights 2021|CNCAPS.com CNCAPS is a dynamic and committed group of individuals committed to providing a one-stop solution for the manufacturing and export of customized products. In 2006, we opened our own factory with the goal of creating the best personalized headgear and home decor possible. Since then, we’ve had the pleasure of serving over 900 lovely customers from over 60 countries. a link to the page’s load WAIT! ARE YOU IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE? Getting personalized products manufactured does not have to be a time-consuming endeavor!
Withing 24 hours, we will respond to your message!
How Do You Measure Your Head for a Hat?
How For the purpose of determining hat size or searching for the right fitting hat, take a flexible measuring tape and wrap it around the circumference of your head where your big hat would sit, which is normally just above your eyebrows and above your ears, and record the results. Maintain the level and firmness of the measuring tape. The length of your head should be measured from the back of your head and brought together at the middle of your forehead, just above your brows. Using the huge hat size chart below, you may estimate your head size (common big head sizes include 7 3/8 hat size, 7 5/8 fitted hat, 7 3/4 fitted hat, and a size 8 hat), rounding up or down to the next eighth of an inch as required.
Big Hat Size Chart
|Big Head SizeInches||Big Head SizeCM||Big HatsSize|
|22 3/4 – 22 7/8||57.8 – 58.1||7 1/4|
|23 – 23 1/4||58.2 – 59.1||7 3/8|
|23 3/8 – 23 5/8||59.2 – 60||7 1/2|
|23 3/4 – 24 1/8||60.1 – 61.3||7 5/8|
|24 1/4 – 24 1/2||61.4 – 62.2||7 3/4|
|24 5/8 – 24 7/8||62.3 – 63.2||7 7/8|
|25 – 25 1/4||63.3 – 64.1||8|
|25 3/8 – 25 5/8||64.2 – 65.1||8 1/8|
|25 3/4 – 26||65.2 – 66||8 1/4|
|26 1/8 – 26 3/8||66.1 – 67||8 3/8|
|26 1/2 – 26 7/8||67.1 – 68.3||8 1/2|
|27 – 27 1/4||68.4 – 69.2||8 5/8|
|27 3/8 – 27 5/8||69.3 – 70.2||8 3/4|
|27 5/8 – 28||70.3 – 71.1||8 7/8|
|28 1/8 – 28 3/8||71.2 – 72.1||9|
How A flexible measuring tape will be necessary for determining your hat size or for finding the hat that is the best fit for you. Start by measuring the circumference of your head just above your eyebrows and above your ears, which is where your big hat will sit. Maintain level and firmness using the measuring tape. The length of your head should be measured from the back of your head and brought together at the middle of your forehead, just above your eyebrows. Using the huge hat size chart below, you may establish your head size (common big head sizes include 7 3/8 hat size, 7 5/8 fitted hat, 7 3/4 fitted hat, and a size 8 hat), rounding up or down to the next eighth of an inch as needed.
Hat Size & Measurement
Making use of a soft tape measure (the kind used by dressmakers and tailors) to measure the distance around your head at the point where your hat typically sits. In most cases, this is done just above the ears and across the top of the forehead.
Find the measurement and matching hat size on the table below that is the closest match to your typical hat size and use that information to make your purchase. Reminder: When placing your purchase, please specify your typical hat size as well as a particular tape measurement (to the closest 1/8″).
|Head Size in Inches||Head Size in Centimeters||American Hat Sizes|
|19 3/8″||49.2 cm||6-1/8|
|19 1/2″||49.5 cm||6-1/4|
|20 1/4″||51.4 cm||6-3/8|
|20 3/4″||52.7 cm||6-1/2|
|21 1/2″||54.6 cm||6-3/4|
|21 5/8″||54.9 cm||6-7/8|
|22 1/8″||56.2 cm||7|
|22 1/2″||57.2 cm||7-1/8|
|23 3/8″||59.3 cm||7-3/8|
|23 3/4″||60.3 cm||7-1/2|
|24 1/2″||62.2 cm||7-5/8|
What head shape are you?
Using a soft tape measure (such as a dressmaker’s or tailor’s kind), measure the circumference of your head at the point where your hat usually rests. In most cases, this is done just above the ears and across the top of the head. Finding your hat size by measuring your head and comparing it to the table below can help you choose the hat size that is the closest fit. Reminder: When placing your purchase, please specify your typical hat size as well as your precise tape measurement (to the closest 1/8″).
How To Measure Your Hat Size
When it comes to selecting the appropriate hat, size is critical. You will obtain the best fit if you take accurate measurements of your head. In addition to looking fantastic, the greatest hat will also feel good on your head. Before you make a purchase, take these simple actions first.
Items You Need
Continue to wrap the string (or tape measure) around your head in a clockwise direction until the two ends come together at the center of your forehead, right above your brows. With your finger, firmly hold the tape or string in the middle of your forehead, but not too tightly or too loosely. The idea is to pinpoint the exact location where your hat will rest in order to provide the most comfortable fit. Please make a note of the measurement you obtained with your measuring tape and use it to determine your matching size on the hat sizing table below.
Extricate the string from your head, being careful to hang on to the end point so that you can get an accurate measurement of the circumference of your head. With the ruler, measure the length of the string. To determine your hat size, compare your measurement to the hat sizing table provided below the measurement.
A Few Tips for Choosing a Hat Size
If the measurement falls between two sizes on the hat size chart, the next bigger size should be used. perspiration, humidity, and washing can cause hats to shrink with time, and this is especially true for specific hat shapes such as cotton baseball caps. However, leather hats, straw hats, and felt hats do stretch a little after being used, so you should order a size up if you’re in between sizes on these items. Indeed, a little larger hat will be much more comfortable and simpler to pad than a hat that is too small and may cause discomfort and a headache.
Hat Sizing Is Not an Exact Science
Despite the fact that the hat sizes offered are conventional across the United States, there are a variety of factors that can influence the fit, including the hat maker, the material of the hat, and even how much hair you have on your head.
We Fit All Sizes
Don’t be concerned if you have a large head (we’re not referring to your ego here). XXL to XXXL are available in large hats, also known as big head hats, to assist you find the best fit for your head size and style (many of our mens hats come in XL already).
Hat Sizing Chart for Adults
Following your measurement of the size of your head, you may calculate your numeric size (inches and centimeters) and alpha size (inches and millimeters) (One Size or S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc.).
Consider the following example: your head measures 23 inches, which is roughly 58 cm in circumference. As we can see from the hat size chart, the correct hat size for you is big and the fitting size ranges from 7 1/4 to 7 3/8.
The Difference Between Mens Hats and Womens Hats
Men’s hats are typically sized numerically or alphabetically, while there are certain men’s hats that are available in a one-size-fits-all configuration. Each of these “one size” hats is designed to accommodate heads that measure 21 1/2 inches to 23 inches in diameter, or a medium to large size. The sizing of women’s hats is frequently one size fits all. This implies that the design is available in a standard size that may be adjusted to fit heads with circumferences ranging from 21 1/2 inches to 22 1/4 inches, depending on the manufacturer.
The Perfect Fit
The size of hats might vary depending on the manufacturer, much like the size of other clothes. Inevitably, there will be some variations, sometimes even across hats that are the same size. Tenth Street is dedicated to providing high-quality products, and we want you to be pleased with your purchase. All of our hats are designed to be used for many years without losing its wearability, comfort, or style. Following a thorough examination of your head, you may decide the appropriate hat size for you.
Before putting on your hat for the first time, make sure you try it on to ensure you have bought the proper size.
Helpful Fit Tips
- The hat should be worn such that it rests comfortably in the center of your forehead, above your eyebrows — unless you want to wear it high on your head, backwards, or at a little angle
- In order to avoid having your eyebrows covered or your eyesight obscured, you should never allow the hat to dip too low. In order to be comfortable, the sweatband inside the hat should fit firmly without feeling restricting or leaving permanent crease imprints on your forehead. The stitching on your sweatband may leave an inconspicuous mark on your forehead that rapidly fades
- This is OK as long as there is no sense of strain
- Discomfort should never be associated with wearing a headgear. A simple technique to determine whether or not a hat will fit is to use your finger: if you can fit one finger between your head and the cap, you know you have the correct size.
Hats With Inner Drawstrings
Don’t be concerned if your new hat is a touch large and feels a little loose at first. The majority of “one size” hats for men and women are equipped with an inside drawstring that allows you to customize the fit to your liking. This type of inner drawstring is generally found sewn into the sweatband itself with a long piece of thread or ribbon that may be tugged. Pulling lightly on the cap can tighten it up to two sizes, depending on how tight you want it.
Hats Without Inner Drawstrings
Many hats for men and women do not have interior sweatbands with drawstrings; instead, they feature bands made of leather, elastic, or foam to keep the head warm. If this is the case, size tape can still be used to make the hat fit more comfortably for you. Hat size tape is a popular way of altering hats since it is simple to apply and effective, and it preserves the form of the sweatband and inside lining without causing harm. Tenth Street, in contrast to other hat suppliers, includes two pieces of size tape with every order, at no additional cost.
You will be able to feel the foam mold conforming softly to your head for an ideal fit.
How to Wear Your Hat
Having completed the process of finding your suitable headwear size and understanding the factors to consider when picking a hat, let’s speak about the manner in which you want to wear your hat. When it comes to measuring your head and choosing the appropriate fit, there are some general principles to follow, but not everyone will wear the same hat types in the same way.
(That would be tedious, to begin with.) Hats are a terrific way to showcase your individual style, whether they are worn backwards, at an angle, or just the old-fashioned way as seen here.
Traditional Hat Style
Putting on a hat in the classic manner is by far the most popular choice for both men and women alike. The hat is always worn with the sweatband in the middle of the forehead, however it may be a little higher or lower depending on the occasion. The only constant is that the hat is worn above the eyebrows. That being said, don’t be afraid to switch things up a little and experiment with other angles. If you want to add a dash of swagger to your look, tip the hat forward, to the right, or to the left.
Halo Hat Style
Wearing a hat in the halo design, as the name implies, produces the illusion of a halo at the rear of your head. The hat is positioned out from your face, rather than in the center of your forehead. Despite the fact that it is more popular among women, some males do sport the halo appearance, particularly when wearing pork pie hats. When wearing a hat in the halo design, it might be difficult to keep it from sliding off, which is why hats with drawstrings are an excellent alternative.
You Got This
Now that you’ve learned how to properly estimate your hat size and know what size hat you require, it’s time to get down to business and have some fun. See the range of hats we have available in a variety of colors and forms as well as different materials and pricing in our online store. Whether it’s a classicPanama hat, a funpork pie hat, a stylishStetson hat, or an informalflat cap, you can be sure that you’ll be looking and feeling good everytime you put one on.
Tenth Street Promise
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, therefore we provide free returns on all orders. A 30-day hassle-free return and exchange policy, as well as a one-year workmanship warranty, are all in place for our hats; if your hat is broken during the first 12 months, we’ll repair or replace it at no charge.
Do you have any queries regarding which option is the greatest match for you? We’ve got the answers you’re looking for. View the answers to the most frequently asked questions.
We’ll be here for you at all times. Please contact us through email at [email protected] or by phone at 844-573-3186 if you have any questions.