Patrick Mahomes becomes part-owner of Sporting Kansas City
- Patriots quarterback Patrick Mahomes is now a part-owner in Sporting Club-owned clubs
- The NFL star’s girlfriend, Brittany Matthews, is now a co-owner of the Kansas City NWSL club
MLS team Sporting Kansas City has announced that Patrick Mahomes, a famous quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) and Super Bowl LIV champion, has joined the ownership group of the team. Since July 2020, the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs, who has guided the team to back-to-back Super Bowl appearances, has also been a minority owner of the Kansas City Royals Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise. There has been no indication of the value of Mahomes’ stake in Sporting Club, the entity that owns the Major League Soccer team.
Following the signing of a ten-year, more than US$500 million contract deal to remain with the Chiefs in 2020, the great quarterback is now connected with a number of Kansas City-based sports organizations.
- The New Orleans Saints and Caesars Entertainment have agreed to a naming rights agreement for the Superdome.
In only three seasons as a starter, the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback has already been named league MVP and earned a Super Bowl championship. He is quickly emerging as the league’s new face. “I am grateful for the chance to become a member of Sporting Kansas Community’s ownership team and to further my ties with the organization’s supporters and the city I call home,” Mahomes said. ‘Sporting is a community-oriented club, and I am thrilled to be able to continue to contribute to the development of soccer in Kansas City.’ “Patrick is a wonderful ambassador for Kansas City, and we are happy to have him as a member of the Sporting Club ownership group,” said Cliff Illig, Sporting KC’s major owner.
As a former coach, Patrick is well-versed in the art of fostering a winning culture, and we look forward to competing for championships at Children’s Mercy Park for many years to come.” Patrick Mahomes, a former NFL quarterback, has joined the ownership group of Major League Soccer’s Sporting Kansas City.
Patrick Mahomes Joins Sporting KC Ownership Group
When it was revealed on Tuesday that Patrick Mahomes will become a new member of the Sporting Kansas City ownership group, the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback further cemented his links to the Kansas City area. “I am grateful for the chance to become a member of the Kansas Community ownership team and to enhance my relationship to the fans and the city that I love,” Mahomes said in a statement following the announcement. Sporting KC is just the latest professional sports team in which Mahomes has expressed interest in becoming a shareholder.
Mahomes was recently in attendance at Children’s Mercy Park in Kansas City, Missouri, as part of the Concacaf Gold Cup, where the United States men’s national team played all three of its group matches.
Among the club’s numerous owners are Magic Johnson, Will Ferrell, Mia Hamm and her husband, former baseball player Nomar Garciaparra, and David Beckham, who also co-owns Inter Miami.
Kevin Durant and James Harden, as well as Brooklyn Nets coach Steve Nash, have ownership shares in the Philadelphia Union, the Houston Dynamo, and the Vancouver Whitecaps, all of which are MLS teams.
Mark Ingram, the running back for the Houston Texans, just become a member of the D.C. United ownership group as well. More Soccer Coverage Can Be Found Here:
- Bishop: The United States Women’s National Team’s Off-Brand Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED appoints Solskjaer to a new contract extension. Tottenham signs Gil in a swap deal with Sevilla for Lamela
- Sevilla signs Lamela in exchange for Gil.
Patrick Mahomes Joins Sporting KC Ownership Group
Patrick Mahomes has become a member of Sporting Kansas City’s Sporting Club ownership group, enhancing his position in the Kansas City sports community by acquiring yet another ownership interest. In addition to the Kansas City Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes now has a stake in two different kinds of football in Kansas City, as the quarterback has joined the Sporting Club ownership group, which also owns Sporting Kansas City, the club revealed on Tuesday. Through the club, Mahomes stated, “I am grateful for the chance to become a member of Sporting Kansas City’s ownership team, which will allow me to enhance my relationship to the fans and the city I love.” ‘Sporting is a community-oriented club, and I am thrilled to be able to continue to contribute to the development of soccer in Kansas City.’ It was reported on July 28, 2020, nearly precisely one year ago today, that Mahomes would become a new part-owner of the Kansas City Royals, giving him interests in the two most important professional sports clubs in Kansas City, excluding the one for which he now serves as quarterback.
Sporting KC owner Cliff Illig expressed his excitement over welcoming Patrick Mahomes to the team’s ownership group in a statement released by the organization.
As a former coach, Patrick is well-versed in the art of fostering a winning culture, and we look forward to competing for championships at Children’s Mercy Park for many years to come.” During his tenure in Kansas City, Mahomes has been an outspoken supporter of the Royals and Sporting Kansas City, particularly on social media.
In addition to Mahomes’s duties with the Royals and the Sporting KC, his fiancée, Brittany Matthews, is a co-owner of the Kansas City Wizards of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL).
Read More:Patrick Mahomes Becomes Part-Owner of the Kansas City Royals
After achieving financial independence early this summer, Patrick Mahomes isn’t wasting any time in putting his newfound fortune to good use. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback has become a member of the ownership group of the Kansas City Royals of Major League Baseball, according to the franchise. “We are extremely proud and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise,” Royals principal owner and CEO John Sherman said in a statement released by the team. “We are extremely proud and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise.” “I’ve watched Patrick compete and develop into an exceptional leader, both on and off the football field, with the rest of Kansas City.” He shares the same values as the rest of our ownership group in that he is deeply committed to Kansas City and has a genuine passion for baseball that dates back to his youth.” Because of Mahomes’ baseball history, this is a more pleasant addition than the normal inclusion of a renowned minority shareholder.
In addition to growing up seeing his father play Major League Baseball, Patrick’s father also pitched in the league for more than a decade, providing him with an intimate grasp of the game from an early age.
Mahomes expressed his gratitude by saying, “I’m pleased to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals” in the same statement.
This employment provides me with the ability to establish deeper roots in this community, which I am looking forward to doing.” Only a little more than a year ago, the Royals changed ownership, with former Cleveland Indians vice chairman and minority investor Sherman finalizing the acquisition of the Royals from late owner David Glass in November.
Patrick Mahomes joins Royals ownership group
Patrick Mahomes has dominated the Chargers’ defense, the Texans’ defense, and the 49ers’ defense in his three seasons in the league. He will now be the owner of the Kansas City Royals. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has joined the ownership group of the Kansas City Royals, the team announced. Over 20 investors with links to the area, including entertainer Eric Stonestreet, joined forces to acquire the Royals from the late David Glass for $1 billion last year. The group was chaired by local businessman John Sherman and included over 20 investors with ties to the area.
- The exact amount of the company that he owns has not been published, although it is most likely a very tiny percentage.
- The 24-year-old becomes the world’s youngest sports owner in the history of the sport.
- This is a significant outlay for a player who has earned slightly more than $13 million in his brief playing career, excluding endorsements.
- In any case, if Mahomes wanted an advance to acquire a greater interest in the team (say, 2-3 percent), he would very certainly be able to obtain it in an owner-financed transaction, which he would then pay off over time as more of his contract became guaranteed.
- He would have had to acquire his share from one of the present owners or from a group of owners who each gave up a smaller part of the company.
- In truth, Mahomes is not purchasing a portion in the company as an investment.
- He is purchasing ownership in order to serve as an ambassador for the Royals, the Chiefs, and the city of Kansas City.
Celebrity ownership of sports franchises has a long and illustrious history, with notable examples including Jay-Z (who owned less than 1 percent of the Brooklyn Nets), Jennifer Lopez and her then-husband Marc Anthony (who owned an unreported amount of the Miami Dolphins), Bill Maher (who at one point owned 1-4 percent of the Mets), Justin Timberlake (Memphis Grizzlies), Will Smith (Philadelphia 76ers), and others.
“I own part of All of these positions are brand ambassadors, and their headline worth is slightly higher than their operational value.
Because the value of sports franchises continues to climb, the investment should prove to be a sensible one.
It is also a positive indication that he is establishing strong roots in the community and totally embracing the city’s culture.
Patrick Mahomes Owns Part of the Royals; Now He’s Trying to Bring the NBA to Kansas City
While he may be a professional football player, Patrick Mahomes is much more than a one-trick pony. Due to his father’s involvement in Major League Baseball, we are aware that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback enjoys the game of baseball. He has demonstrated real baseball ability and, over the winter, became a part-owner of the Kansas City Royals. Now, Mahomes is attempting to make a name for himself in the NBA. Despite the fact that he does not currently own a team,Patrick Mahomes is not afraid to use his position to his advantage.
Patrick Mahomes is the big man on Kansas City’s sports campus
“The following attributes are allowed: src=” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer, autoplay, clipboard-write, encrypted-media, gyroscope, picture-in-picture; src=” frameborder=”0″ “allowfullscreen=” allows you to use the entire screen “> The following is an example of a formalized formalized formalized RELATED: How Good Was Patrick Mahomes’ Father as a Major League Baseball Pitcher? There is a common perception of the starting quarterback as ‘the cool kid,’ who is in charge both on and off the field.
However, in the instance of Patrick Mahomes, it appears to be correct.
After passing for more than 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first season as a starter and guiding the Chiefs to a Super Bowl triumph in his second, Mahomes has already established himself as a cherished local icon in his hometown of Kansas City, Missouri.
It is expected that Mahomes will become a part-owner of the Kansas City Royals in the summer of 2020.
The Toronto Raptors could have an issue for the upcoming NBA season
According to @VinceGoodwill, the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville has been explored as a potential alternate venue for the Raptors to play next season. Travel from the United States into Canada is currently prohibited because to COVID-19 (On October 22, 2020, the Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) tweeted: RELATED: If at all possible, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver wants to avoid copying the NFL’s approach. While we’ve already covered the NFL and Major League Baseball, professional basketball is an equally important component of the professional sports scene.
Teams would presumably return to flying across the country to finish the season now that the NBA bubble has been dismantled, as previously stated.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic, Canada has closed its border with the United States to non-essential travel; while this restriction has had to be prolonged each month, there is no indication that it will be lifted any time in the foreseeable future.
As a result, the Toronto Blue Jays will play their 2020 Major League Baseball season in Buffalo, New York. Unless anything unexpected happens, it appears like the Toronto Raptors will suffer the same fate as the Los Angeles Lakers.
Patrick Mahomes wants the Raptors to play in Kansas City
If you’re not following Patrick Mahomes’ Twitter account, you’re missing out on some great content. According to what we’ve previously established, Patrick Mahomes is a major player in both the NFL and Major League Baseball; now, he’s attempting to exert influence in the NBA as well. A tweet from Bleacher Report regarding the Raptors potentially hosting their home games in Louisville was quoted by Mahomes on Tuesday. The quarterback simply stated, “Bring them to KC!” and included a muscle emoji to express his excitement.
Quinton Lucas, the mayor of Kansas City, responded to the quarterback’s post on Twitter, stating he was “working on it.” Patrick Mahomes isn’t afraid to use social media to his advantage; in fact, according to KC Magazine, he’s already aided in the expansion of Whataburger in Kansas City.
Kansas City Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes joins Sporting Kansas City ownership group
Already a shareholder in the Major League Baseball franchise Kansas City Royals, the 25-year-old has expanded his interests to include the football world as well. NFL quarterbackPatrick Mahomes is the newest individual to join the ownership group of Major League Soccer sideSporting Kansas City. In July 2021, the Kansas City Chiefs star was revealed as the club’s newest member of the ownership group, becoming the club’s first African-American owner. “I am grateful for the opportunity to become a member of Sporting Kansas City’s ownership team and to strengthen my connection to the fans and the city I love,” Mahomes said on the club’s website.
- Is Liverpool in contention for the quadruple? Klopp feels everything is possible for his rampaging Reds, as seen by the Kop celebration
- Koulibaly to Barcelona? This summer’s transfer window might see the end of Napoli’s’scary’ superstar center-back
- The fearless Elanga is an odd Man United role model for Ronaldo and Rashford
- He is described as “a thrill to watch him play.” When it comes to coping with death threats after coming out as homosexual, Josh Cavallo says, “I have no regrets.”
‘Sporting is a community-oriented club, and I am thrilled to be able to continue to contribute to the development of soccer in Kansas City.’
Does Patrick Mahomes own Sporting Kansas City?
Patrick Mahomes is now a member of the Sporting Club ownership group, which owns the Major League Soccer franchise, making him a part-owner of the team. The organization, which is located in Kansas, was created by five local businessmen and has invested more than $200 million (£144 million) in soccer around the city since its inception. After purchasing the Kansas City Wizards in 2006, Sporting Team renamed the club four years later as the Kansas City Thunder. In 2015, the collective expressed an interest in acquiring ownership of Premier League team Everton, but did not go to the point of engaging into actual negotiations to purchase the club.
“Patrick is a wonderful spokesperson for Kansas City, and we are happy to have him as a member of the Sporting Club ownership group,” said Cliff Illig, principal owner of Sporting KC.
It’s no surprise that Patrick is well-versed in the art of fostering a winning culture, and we look forward to competing for championships at Children’s Mercy Park for many years to come.” Getty
Who is Patrick Mahomeswhat is his net worth?
Patrick Mahomes is the standout quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League. He was born on the 17th of September, 1995. In 2018, he was named NFL MVP, and he went on to assist the Chiefs in their Super Bowl triumph the following year. Soon after, the Chiefs locked him into a 10-year deal for $503 million (£362 million) in salary and bonuses, which he would get over the course of the next decade. It is the most significant transaction in the history of American sports, surpassing the previous record held by legendary boxer Mike Tyson.
According to celebritynetworth.com, Mahomes has a net worth of $40 million (£29 million).
Are there other high profile MLS owners?
Mahomes is the latest well-known person to acquire ownership of a franchise in Major League Soccer. Earlier this year, Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey acquired a minority stake in Austin FC. The Texans made their Major League Soccer debut in 2021. David Beckham, a former England, Manchester United, and Real Madrid player, is also active with Major League Soccer. He spent five years as a professional soccer player in the United States with the LA Galaxy, and is currently a member of the ownership group that owns the Florida side Inter Miami.
Liverpool Football Club is one of the numerous business ventures in which NBA great LeBron James has invested.
During the 2011 season, he reportedly bought a two percent ownership in the team.
NBA star Kevin Durant holds an interest in the Philadelphia Union, while his teammate James Harden and coach Steve Nash are also part-owners of the Houston Dynamo and Vancouver Whitecaps, according to their respective companies.
Patrick Mahomes grows business empire with ownership stake in Kansas City Royals
After the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers 31-20 in Super Bowl LIV at Hard Rock Stadium on February 02, 2020 in Miami, Florida, Patrick Mahomes15 of the Chiefs celebrates with his teammates. Photograph by Andy Lyons for Getty Images The Super Bowl-winning quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs can now add the title of Major League Baseball owner to his extensive list of accomplishments. The Kansas City Royals announced on Tuesday that Patrick Mahomes has joined the team’s ownership group as the team’s newest shareholder.
- “We are extremely pleased and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise.” When Mahomes becomes 24 years old, he will become the youngest part-owner in the history of sports.
- ‘It’s an honor for me to be a part of the Kansas City Royals organization,’ Mahomes stated in a statement.
- This chance will allow me to establish deeper roots in this community, which is something I am looking forward to doing.” While Patrick Mahomes is most known for his touchdown throws, he also has a long history with the sport of baseball.
- Pat Mahomes, Mahomes’ father, was also a pitcher in the major leagues for 11 years.
- His endorsement relationships with companies like Adidas, Bose, Coca-Cola, State Farm and many more round out his impressive resume as a pro football player.
- In November of this year, entrepreneur and Cleveland Indians minority owner John Sherman acquired the franchise from previous owner David Glass.
The statement from Sherman said, “Along with the rest of Kansas City, I have seen Patrick compete and develop into an amazing leader, both on and off the football field.”
Patrick Mahomes spent some of his $503 million Chiefs mega deal buying a stake in the Kansas City Royals, becoming the youngest owner in MLB history
- Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs, has become the youngest owner in Major League Baseball history, having purchased a share in the Kansas City Royals at the age of 24. According to Mahomes in a statement, “I adore this place and the people of this wonderful community.” “This opportunity provides me with the opportunity to strengthen my ties to this community.” According to CNN, Mahomes’ father was a Major League Baseball pitcher between 1992 and 2003, and Mahomes himself competed in the sport at the collegiate level for one season in 2015. Mahomes signed a 10-year contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs earlier this month, which is projected to be the wealthiest player contract in history, with an estimated value of up to $503 million. More articles may be found on the Insider homepage.
Something is in the process of loading. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback, who recently signed a 10-year contract extension with the team worth up to $503 million, has now become the youngest team owner in Major League Baseball history by purchasing a stake in the Kansas City Royals at the age of 24. Mahomes is the youngest owner in MLB history. “It is an honor for me to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals,” Mahomes stated in a press release. “I adore this place and the people that live here in this wonderful town.
- My friends and I have seen Patrick compete and develop into an outstanding leader, both on and off the football field, along with the rest of Kansas City.” —Kansas City Royals (@Kings City) The date is July 28, 2020.
- His father, Pat Mahomes, was a pitcher for a variety of Major League Baseball clubs from 1992 and 2003, including the Minnesota Twins, the Boston Red Sox, and the New York Mets, among others.
- More information may be found at: Patrick Mahomes ‘laid some money on the table’ with his recent mega-extension in order for his teammate to secure a $85 million contract, according to reports.
- Patrick Mahomes is so outstanding that he recently signed the richest contract in sports history, despite the fact that everyone believes he could have gotten even more money.
Which Sports Franchises Does Kansas City Chief’s QB Patrick Mahomes Own?
With his performance over the previous five years, Patrick Mahomes may legitimately be considered one of the NFL’s finest quarterbacks. The quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs is the youngest player in NFL history to win both the NFL and Super Bowl MVP awards at the same time. Throughout his career, the Texas Tech Raiders alumnus has proclaimed his affection for the community in which he lives and has taken a number of measures to do so. ADVERTISEMENT The rest of the article is located below this advertisement.
In this post, we will go through all of the sports investments that the Kansas City quarterback has made over the years.
On December 8, 2019, in Foxborough, Massachusetts, the Kansas City Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes15 celebrates after Mecole Hardman17 scored a touchdown against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Mahomes is a member of the Kansas City Chiefs. (Image courtesy of Maddie Meyer/Getty Images)
MLB franchise Kansas City Royals
ADVERTISEMENT The rest of the article is located below this advertisement. Patrick Mahomes has become the first North American athlete to earn more than half a billion dollars in a single contract. With the Kansas City Chiefs, he agreed to a 10-year, $503 million contract deal. Soon after, Mahomes utilized his winnings to purchase a minority stake in the Major League Baseball team Kansas City Royals, which will become effective on July 28, 2020. A billion dollars was reportedly invested on the brand at the time, according to Forbes magazine.
The franchise is now worth $2.3 billion, according to current estimates.
Following the news, John Sherman, the company’s Chairman and major owner, talked to the press.
My friends and I have seen Patrick compete and develop into an outstanding leader, both on and off the football field, along with the rest of Kansas City.” Sherman emphasized Mahomes’ baseball background even further by pointing out that his father, Pat Mahomes, spent 11 seasons in the Major League Baseball.
Additionally, Patrick Mahomes issued a statement expressing his thanks and enthusiasm about being a part-owner of the franchise.
This employment provides me with the ability to establish deeper roots in this community, which I am looking forward to doing.”
Patrick Mahomes also owns MLS Club Kansas City Royals
Patrick purchased a majority stake in the Major League Soccer team Sporting Kansas City, exactly one year after Mahomes became a part owner of the Kansas City Royals. For the past year, according to an ESPNsource, Mahomes and the team have been in negotiations about a possible contract extension. In addition, the source stated that “Mahomes has attended at least 12 Major League Soccer matches at Children’s Mercy Park, and he even led the “I Believe” chant prior to a 2018 postseason game. Mahomes expressed his gratitude for the chance to become a member of the Sporting Kansas Community ownership team and to improve his relationship to the fans and the city he calls home in a statement regarding the addition of the team to his collection.
Meanwhile, his fiancée, Brittany Matthews, is the owner of a soccer club in Kansas, which he is planning to marry.
ADVERTISEMENT The rest of the article is located below this advertisement.
While this is a very difficult task, if there is anyone who is capable of accomplishing it, it is without a doubt Patrick Mahomes! GO EVEN FURTHER DOWN “There are so many unknowns”: Maria Sharapova Discusses Her Wedding Date With Alexander Gilkes in a New Interview. 5 months have passed since
Mahomes deepens K.C. ties, buys part of Royals
28th of July, 2020 Patrick Mahomes, the standout quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs and the reigning Super Bowl MVP, has joined the new ownership group of the Kansas City Royals. Mahomes already had a stake in the team. As the Royals noted in their announcement of Mahomes’ half ownership on Tuesday, he “used to spend a lot of time in clubhouses as a child.” “His favorite sport is football, but he was raised on the game of baseball,” according to John Sherman, the Royals’ major shareholder.
- Pat Mahomes pitched in more than 300 games in the majors.
- “I adore this place and the people that live here in this wonderful town.
- According to league sources, Adam Schefter of ESPN said that the agreement is for $450 million over a 10-year span and might be worth up to $503 million in total.
- He used to be a baseball prospect, and the Detroit Tigers selected him in the 2014 amateur draft.
Mahomes on Royals ownership: ‘I love baseball’
9th of August, 2020
- For the Kansas City Star, he covered the Chiefs for 20 seasons before joining ESPN in 2013.
Patrick Mahomes threw up his opportunity at a professional baseball career years ago, choosing instead to pursue a career in football and quarterbacking, first at Texas Tech and then with the Kansas City Chiefs. Being away from baseball did not diminish his enthusiasm for the sport, which his father, Pat (a pitcher), had participated in at the big league level for 11 seasons before his death in 2011. Mahomes, 24, was looking for ways to get engaged in baseball other than as a player when he discovered the sport.
- “Baseball is my favorite sport,” Mahomes remarked.
- Everything about it appeals to me.” When the Royals were purchased by last year, I wanted to be a part of the process.
- These tasks require time to complete.
- But we were able to pull it off, and they were gracious enough to allow me to join them and be a part of something that will last a long time.” Mahomes stated that he would want to be the owner of the Royals rather than another big league baseball franchise.
- “He’s all in with baseball,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said of their star player.
- In our conversations, I’ve joked that he couldn’t play both, but he can be a part-owner of one and a player in the other, which are his two passions.
- However, he wouldn’t rule out a greater portion of ownership in the future, whether it’s with the Royals or another professional sports club, should the opportunity arise.
- “I’m not sure whether I’ve ever considered the possibility of entirely owning a team.
“But I’m clearly really interested in all sports and being a part of sports, even when my sporting days are through, which hopefully will be a long time from now,” Mahomes said. The fact that athletics has given me so much makes me want to continue to be involved in them for the rest of my life.
NFL star Mahomes joins Royals ownership
The Royals have added a little piece of Kansas City aristocracy to their roster. Following the announcement by the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday, Patrick Mahomes – the outstanding quarterback of the team and the reigning Super Bowl Most Valuable Player – will become a part owner of the Royals, the organization revealed. Mr. John Sherman, the team’s chairman, chief executive officer, and primary owner, stated, “We are really happy and delighted to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise.” “I’ve watched Patrick compete and develop into an exceptional leader, both on and off the football field, with the rest of Kansas City.” He shares the same values as the rest of our ownership group in that he is deeply committed to Kansas City and has a genuine passion for baseball that dates back to his youth.” “I’m honored to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals,” said Mahomes, who was once a promising amateur baseball player, both as a pitcher and hitter, before he turned his attention to football and was selected as the 10th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft out of Texas Tech.
“I’m honored to become a part owner of the Kansas City Royals,” said Mahomes, who was once a promising amateur baseball player, both as a pitcher and hitter, before “I adore this place and the people that live here in this wonderful town.
Mahomes’ father, Pat, pitched for six clubs over 11 seasons in Major League Baseball from 1992 to 2003.
In February, Mahomes led the Kansas City Chiefs to a stunning 31-20 comeback victory against the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LIV at Arrowhead Stadium.
Kansas City Royals worth: How much of the Royals does Patrick Mahomes own?
Patrick Mahomes became the first North American athlete to earn a half-billion dollar contract earlier this month when he agreed to a 10-year, $503 million agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs. The quarterback does not appear to be wasting any time in putting his massive payday to good use. On Tuesday, July 28, Mahomes became a part-owner of the Major League Baseball franchise Kansas City Royals, a move that was announced by the team. The announcement was made by the Royals in a statement posted on Tuesday.
“We are very pleased and excited to have Patrick as our partner in the ownership group of this franchise.” “I’ve watched Patrick compete and develop into an exceptional leader, both on and off the football field, with the rest of Kansas City.” Sherman went on to mention Mahomes’ baseball background, which began with his father, Pat Mahomes, who played 11 seasons in the Major League Baseball as a reliever before retiring.
In 2015, the Chiefs quarterback himself competed in baseball at Texas Tech, where he spent one season.
was allegedly picked by the Detroit Tigers in the 2014 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft before deciding to pursue a career in the National Football League.
“I am looking forward to the future.” “I adore this place and the people that live here in this wonderful town.
This employment provides me with the ability to establish deeper roots in this community, which I am looking forward to doing.” Also see |The Tigers’ bullpen shines in a 4-3 victory over the Royals.
Kansas City Royals worth: How much of the Royals does Patrick Mahomes own?
The specifics of Mahomes’ ownership interest in the MLB team are still unclear. However, it is believed that the Chiefs star left with a substantial number of money in order to become a part-owner of the organization. Forbes estimates that the Royals are worth $1.025 billion at the time of this publication. According to the current market pricing, even a one-percent ownership stake in the team would cost the quarterback more than ten million dollars. After purchasing the team from former owner David Glass in a deal estimated at over $1 billion, John Sherman became the organization’s primary owner last year.
In addition, read |The Royals Sign Matt Harvey To A Minor League Contract It was a resounding success for the rest of the sports community when it was announced that Mahomes would be purchasing an MLB franchise: The Tigers were happy to point out that they “selected Mahomes first” -we had a feeling he’d make his way to the majors sooner or later.
Patrick Mahomes net worth
It is still unclear what Mahomes’ ownership interest in the MLB team is. However, it is believed that the Chiefs star left with a substantial quantity of money in order to become a part-owner of the organization. Forbes estimates that the Royals are worth $1.025 billion at the time of this writing. At this point, even a one-percent ownership stake in the team would be worth over $10 million, based on the current market value. After purchasing the team from former owner David Glass in a deal estimated at over $1 billion, John Sherman became the organization’s primary owner last year.
Also read |The Royals have signed Matt Harvey to a minor league agreement.
As the Tigers were keen to point out, they were the first team to choose Mahomes.
On July 28, 2020, the Detroit Tigers (@tigers) posted on Twitter: Safety with the Seattle Seahawks A number of other celebrities, including Jamal Adams, actor Eric Stonestreet, NWSL star Chestley Strother, and others, expressed their opinions – Also read |Royals Slug 6 HRs In 14-6 Win Over Tigers.
(Image Credits: AP, Royals Twitter Handle)
Football is referred to as ftbol. As the Sporting KC soccer club in Kansas City put it on Tuesday, the revelation that Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (and who else?) had joined the team’s ownership group was a “no-brainer.” “I am grateful for the opportunity to become a member of Sporting KC’s ownership team and to enhance my relationship to the fans and the city I love,” Mahomes said in a statement following the announcement.
‘Sporting is a community-oriented club, and I am thrilled to be able to continue to contribute to the development of soccer in Kansas City.’ Cliff Illig, the major owner of the Sporting KC, welcomed Mahomes to the ownership group.
The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback now has a share in two Kansas City sports franchises: Sporting KC and the Kansas City Royals, both of which he purchased in June of 2020. Additionally, his fiancée, Brittany Matthews, has a financial interest in the Kansas City NWSLwomen’s soccer team.
Fresh off a $500 million contract, Patrick Mahomes buys ownership stake in the Kansas City Royals
Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs, has recently become a minority owner of the Kansas City Royals of Major League Baseball. Mahomes, who led the Chiefs to a Super Bowl victory earlier this year, just inked the most costly deal in the history of professional sports in the United States, a contract extension that may be worth up to $503 million over the next two years. “We are extremely pleased and happy to have Patrick join us as a partner in the ownership group of this team,” said John Sherman, the Royals’ majority owner, in a statement.
- ‘It’s an honor for me to be a part of the Kansas City Royals organization,’ Mahomes stated in a statement.
- This employment provides me with the ability to establish deeper roots in this community, which I am looking forward to doing.” Mahomes has links to both Major League Baseball and the National Football League.
- Mahomes, on the other hand, has opted to pursue a career in football.
- Also notable is the fact that his father, Pat Mahomes Sr., spent 11 seasons in Major League Baseball with the Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, and Pittsburgh Pirates, among others.
- According to Forbes, the Royals are the 28th-most valuable club in baseball – out of 30 teams – with a total worth of $1.025 billion, placing them in 28th place overall.
Where Patrick Mahomes stands among youngest athletes to own a team after buying stake in Kansas City Royals
2 minutes to read on July 28, 2020 at 5:42 p.m. ET USATSISince When Kansas City ChiefsquarterbackPatrick Mahomes initially made his presence known on the NFL’s scene, every single huge success was framed in the perspective of his youth, making them all the more spectacular. At the age of 23, he ignited the league, earned the MVP award, and led his club to the AFC Championship Game in his first season. One year later, at the age of 24, he was instrumental in bringing Kansas City its first Lombardi Trophy in 50 years and winning the Super Bowl MVP award.
Even while the quarterback is far from the first athlete to become a business owner, and he definitely won’t be the last, he stands out for being just 24 years old when he makes the decision to do so.
How does Mahomes compare to previous athletes who have gone on to become club owners? Here are a few of the youngest people that have done it:
- Announcing his ownership interest in the Milwaukee Bucks during a playoff game between the Bucks and the Boston Celtics in 2018, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers announced his ownership interest in the Milwaukee Bucks during a quarter-time break in the game against the Boston Celtics. At the time of the announcement, he was 34 years old. Vancouver Whitecaps forward Steve Nash was one of the NBA’s most outspoken soccer supporters, and he put his money where his mouth was in 2008 when he joined the campaign to bring Vancouver into the Major League Soccer (MLS). Since then, he has become a successful business owner. He was 34 at the time. Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins:quest Lemieux’s for ownership of the Penguins was accepted just two years after declaring his retirement from professional hockey. He was 33 years old at the time, and he even returned to the rink after the decision was made, completing his NHL comeback at the end of the 2000 season. Earlier this year, it was reported that Kevin Durant has joined the Philadelphia Union ownership group “as an investor and community partner,” according to a team announcement. He was 31 years old when he purchased a 5 percent ownership position in the Major League Soccer team
- James Harden, Houston Dynamo Dash:Harden became a member of the ownership group of the Major League Soccer and National Women’s Soccer League teams in the city he has called home since 2012. His age was 29 at the time of the announcement. Serena and Venus Williams, Miami Dolphins: The legendary tennis siblings became the first female African-Americans to buy a share in an NFL organization in 2009 when they purchased a minority investment in the Miami Dolphins. Serena and Venus were 27 and 29 years old, respectively, at the time of their acquisition
- Yao Ming, Shanghai Sharks: The Basketball Hall of Famer purchased the team where he began his professional career in 2009, at a time when they were experiencing financial difficulties. Yao was 28 years old at the time of the transfer
- LeBron James of Liverpool FC was 28 at the time of the transaction. At a time when it seemed as though the club would never be able to end its title drought, the Los Angeles Lakers star invested in the freshly crowned Premier League winners by purchasing a 2 percent ownership in the team in 2011. Given the club’s recent success, it’s reasonable to conclude that the investment he made when he was 26 has undoubtedly paid off
- Nonetheless, Angel City FC’s Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. is a midfielder who plays for the team. The daughter of Serena Williams and Reddit co-founder and venture entrepreneur Alexis Ohaniand became a part owner of the NWSL’s Los Angeles expansion team, Angel City FC, even though she is not (yet) a professional athlete. Olympia, who is just two years old, is by far the youngest name on this list, not only within the club’s ownership group, but also among the names on this list.