2021 Major League Baseball Standings & Expanded Standings
How many baseball games will be shown on ESPN tonight? View this MLB Schedule, which is sortable by date and includes information on game times, network coverage, and more! This evening’s espn baseball game will be called by. Baseball Tonight will kick off ESPN’s coverage of Opening Day at 12 p.m. The event is sponsored by DraftKings and hosted by Ravech and ESPN commentators Eduardo Perez and Tim Kurkjian, among others. A 1 p.m. American League East matchup between the New York Yankees and Aaron Judge and the Toronto Blue Jays and Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- On-site coverage at Yankee Stadium will be provided by ESPN MLB national correspondent Marly Rivera.
- A color analyst for ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball broadcasts, Mendoza has worked in the sports industry for several years.
- Baseball Tonight is an ESPN show that Mendoza started working on on June 30, 2014.
- When the Philadelphia Phillies play the Atlanta Braves, how horrible are the ESPN baseball announcers?
- In addition to Baseball Tonight, I also work on Monday or Wednesday Night Baseball, typically as a second analyst, and on occasion as the sole one.
- Sunday Night Baseball (2010–2016); Curt Schilling served as an analyst for the broadcast.
Planned activities for the team The Arizona Diamondbacks, the Atlanta Braves, the Baltimore Orioles, the Boston Red Sox, the Chicago Cubs, the Chicago White Sox, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cleveland Indians, the Colorado Rockies, and the Detroit Tigers are among the teams competing in the National League East.
Sports and programs may be seen in real time on the Watch ESPN schedule.
Second, who will be the announcer for Sunday Night Baseball this year?
The Red Sox and the Yankees will meet in their first spring training game on March 3rd.
MLB Baseball Standings
The time is 9:11:40 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. American League Eastern Daylight Time
|xyz- Tampa Bay||100||62||.617||–||52-29||48-33||51-25||15-5||L1||4-6|
|w- NY Yankees||92||70||.568||8.0||46-35||46-35||36-40||12-8||W1||6-4|
|xy- Chi. White Sox||93||69||.574||–||53-28||40-41||44-32||14-6||L1||6-4|
League of the United States
|w- St. Louis||90||72||.556||5.0||45-36||45-36||42-34||11-9||L2||6-4|
|xyz- San Francisco||107||55||.660||–||54-27||53-28||53-23||13-7||W1||6-4|
|w- LA Dodgers||106||56||.654||1.0||58-23||48-33||50-26||12-8||W7||5-5|
|w||Clinched wild card|
|x||Clinched playoff berth|
|z||Clinched division and best record in league|
10 Oldest Baseball Teams in America
Despite the fact that baseball is played in a number of nations throughout the world today, it is generally considered an American sport, and it is even referred to as “America’s Passtime.” While the sport’s origins may be traced back to two English sports, rounders and cricket, the foundation for contemporary baseball was laid down in the United States around the mid-19th century. It was as a result of these factors that some of the world’s oldest baseball teams were created in the United States throughout the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Each and every one of them is still in existence today as a member of either the National League (NL) or the American League (AL), which together comprise Major League Baseball (MLB).
10. Minnesota Twins
The year 1901 was the year of establishment. Baseball’s first season began in 1901. Washington Senators/Nationals were the team’s previous name(s). The Washington Senators baseball team, which is now known as the Minnesota Twins, was established in 1901. A new franchise in Washington, D.C. was required when the newly founded American League relocated from Kansas City to the nation’s capital. The Senators were the team’s original moniker until it was renamed to the Nationals in 1905, although the two names were sometimes used interchangeably.
Paul and Minneapolis).
The Twins experienced another period of success in the late 1980s and early 1990s, winning two World Series championships in 1987 and 1991, respectively.
9. Oakland Athletics
The year 1901 was the year of establishment. Baseball’s first season began in 1901. Philadelphia Athletics; Kansas City Athletics were the team’s previous names. The Oakland Athletics were formerly known as the Philadelphia Athletics, who were founded in 1901 when the Western League was reconstituted as the American League, the second major league after the National League. The Philadelphia Athletics were the first team to play in the American League. Six American League pennants were won by this squad throughout its first decade in the league’s first season.
Next a little more than a decade in Kansas City, the Athletics relocated to Oakland, California the following year.
8. Los Angeles Dodgers
Year the company was founded: 1883 Baseball’s first season began in 1884. Prior team name(s): Brooklyn Atlantics, Brooklyn Grays, Brooklyn Bridegrooms, Brooklyn Grooms, Brooklyn Superbas, Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers, Brooklyn Robins, Brooklyn Dodgers, Brooklyn Braves, Brooklyn Braves, Brooklyn Braves, Brooklyn Braves The Brooklyn Grays were a minor-league baseball club affiliated with the Inter-State Association of Professional Baseball Clubs when the Los Angeles Dodgers franchise was established in 1883 as the Brooklyn Dodgers.
The club turned professional the next year and entered the American Association, before finally transferring to the National League in 1890.
In addition to being a highly successful franchise (winning six World Series championships and 22 National League pennants), the Dodgers were the first major league baseball team to hire an African-American player when they hired Jackie Robinson in 1947, thanks to the efforts of general manager Branch Rickey.
7. Philadelphia Phillies
Year the company was founded: 1883 Baseball’s first season began in 1883. Previous name(s):Philadelphia Friends Meeting Soon after the team’s founding in 1883 as the “Quakers,” the Philadelphia Phillies changed their name to the Phillies, giving them the oldest and longest-running one-name and one-city club in any American professional sport, according to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Having been awarded a spot in the National League to replace the Worcester Brown Stockings, the team was formed by Al Reach, a sporting goods manufacturer and former professional baseball player, and attorney John Rogers.
Despite just having 17 victories out of 98 games, the 1883 season was the poorest in the franchise’s history (.173 percent).
6. San Francisco Giants
Year the company was founded: 1883 Baseball’s first season began in 1883. New York Gothams; New York Giants were the team’s previous name(s). Prior to relocating to San Francisco in 1958, the Giants were known as the New York Gothams when they first began play in 1883. Founded in New York by rich tobacconist John B. Day and experienced amateur baseball player Jim Mutrie – who also owned the New York Mets – the team was the second one to be formed by the duo in the city. An article from the time period stated that after winning a game against the Philadelphia Phillies, Mutrie exclaimed, “My great lads!
Horace Stoneham, the Giants’ owner, agreed to join the Dodgers in their transfer to San Francisco after convincing the mayor of the city, George Christopher, and the Dodgers owner, Walter O’Malley, to make the move.
5. Cincinnati Reds
Year the company was founded: 1881 Baseball’s first season began in 1882. Cincinnati Red Stockings; Cincinnati Redlegs were the team’s previous name(s). It is recorded in the Cincinnati Reds’ history that the Cincinnati Red Stockings were the first all-professional baseball club, having been created in 1866 by the Reds. However, while this information is correct, the name of this early Cincinnati Red Stockings team does not correspond to the name of the first incarnation of the present organization, which was founded in 1881.
As a result of their departure from the American Association to play in the National League in 1889, the Red Stockings changed their name to Reds for the 1890 season, before changing it again to the Redlegs in 1954 and finally back to the Reds in 1959.
The Reds have five World Series championships, nine National League pennants, one American League pennant, and ten division titles to their credit.
4. Pittsburgh Pirates
Year the company was founded: 1881 Baseball’s first season began in 1882. Allegheny; Pittsburgh Allegheneys; Pittsburgh Pirates were some of the team’s previous names. The Pittsburgh Pirates have a long and illustrious history that dates back to around October 15, 1881, when the strongest team in the area was selected to join the American Association as a founding member and begin playing in the 1882 season– the team was known as the “Allegheny” because their home field was in Allegheny City.
The club competed in the first World Series in 1903 and went on to win their first championship the following year, in 1909 Since 1993, the Pirates have seen both success and failure, winning five World Series while also suffering through 20 straight losing seasons from 1993 to 2012, the longest such skid by any North American sports club in history.
3. St. Louis Cardinals
Year the company was founded: 1882 Baseball’s first season began in 1882. St. Louis Brown Stockings; St. Louis Browns; St. Louis Perfectos were some of the previous names for this item. The St. Louis Brown Stockings, the forerunners of the present St. Louis Cardinals organization, were founded in 1882. Two additional incarnations of the St. Louis Brown Stockings baseball clubs existed prior to the Cardinals’ inception, but owing to game-fixing scandals, expulsion from the National League, and significant reorganizations, these early teams have only a tenuous relationship to the current franchise.
Louis squad, restructured it, and established it as the first team of the American Association, with the goal of competing against the National League teams.
2. Chicago Cubs
Year the company was founded: 1871 Baseball’s first season began in 1876. Chicago White Stockings; Chicago Colts; Chicago Orphans were some of the team’s previous names. The Chicago Cubs are another team that claims to be the oldest in Major League Baseball, however their claims are sometimes challenged. Despite the fact that the Chicago White Stockings were formed in 1871, the club did not play for the next two years as a result of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, which occurred at the same time the Cubs were founded.
They were also one of the first teams to join the National League, which was formed when the National Association was replaced by the National League in 1876.
The team has always represented Chicago and has gone through a number of moniker changes before settling on the Cub in 1903 as its official name.
1. Atlanta Braves
Year the company was founded: 1871 Baseball’s first season began in 1876. The Boston Red Stockings, Boston Red Caps, Boston Beaneaters, Boston Doves, and Boston Rutlers had all previously been known as the Boston Braves, Boston Bees, and the Milwaukee Braves. Although there is some controversy about which team in Major League Baseball is the oldest, the Atlanta Braves are frequently referred to as the oldest continuously operational baseball team in the United States of America. Originally known as the Boston Red Stockings, the team was founded in 1871 and was one of the eight foundation teams of the National League, which was organized in 1876.
The Red Stockings played in Boston until 1952, when they relocated to Milwaukee, where they adopted the moniker Milwaukee Braves.
In 1966, the club relocated for the last time, this time to Atlanta, where it has been ever since.
MLB History Year-by-Year (1876-2021)
Using a year-by-year structure, Baseball Almanac has researched and compiled information on the top hitting and pitching prospects, the top team leaders, incredible achievements, win-loss records for every “recognized” league, and much more. How much more is there? The following is a list of the items found on EACH page: Hitting Statistics are the best in the league (Top 25) Pitching statistics are the best in the league (Top 25) Results for each team at the end of the season Links to each team’s rosterTeam Leader for Hitting Statistical Information on Pitching Retirements / Played Lists for the Final Season Lists of rookies and players who made their debut in their first season Links to Seasonal Events and Activities With the addition of some fascinating fast facts, a few historical nuggets, team salaries, connections to the Home Run Derby, first round draft picks, and a year specific quotation, the result is a concise year in review for every season in Major League history.
- A baseball historical capsule condensed into a single, easily navigable page.
- – Annie Savoy (played by Susan Sarandon) in the film Bull Durham (MGM, 1988) Was it ever brought to your attention that the year-by-year review of baseball history on Baseball Almanac is one of the most popular features?
- Remember who won the World Series the year you finished high school?
- Who was the leader in triples during that World Series, by the way?
This area allows you to recall the top performers and eye-popping statistics from any year in history. Check to see what year your favorite team won the championship. Look up the year in which you were born. Take a look back at the history of our national game with this year-by-year timeline.
2021 MLB September Power Rankings
- 95-52 A couple of years after the Nationals, who were baseball’s oldest team when they won the World Series in 2011, the Giants are demonstrating once again that elderly players can still play. The Giants offense has the highest average age in Significant League Baseball this season, and yet they lead the National League in home runs, are second in runs scored, and rank in the top three in nearly every other major statistic. Buster Posey (34), Brandon Belt (33), Brandon Crawford (34) and Evan Longoria (35) are all batting at least.260 with OPS’s above.880, with Brandon Belt hitting at least.260 and Brandon Crawford hitting at least.260 with an OPS of above.880. The pitching staff is also the fifth-oldest in Major League Baseball, and it boasts the second-lowest earned run average in the league. MoreLess
Los Angeles Dodgers
- 94-53 Notes: The Los Angeles Dodgers’ trade deadline in 2021 is building up to be one of the most exciting in recent memory. Not only is RHP Max Scherzer 6-0 with a 0.88 ERA through his first eight starts, but second baseman Josh Donaldson is also 6-0 with a 0.88 ERA. Trea Turner has had a quiet season, averaging.303 with 17 extra-base hits and an.832 on-base percentage in 37 games. It’s no surprise that the Dodgers have the best record in baseball (32-10) since the trade deadline because of the presence of those two. MoreLess
- Notes: The Rays are the only club in the American League to have at least 90 victories, and they are currently in first place in the race for home-field advantage. It will be extremely vital for the pitching staff to get the victory. This season, the Rays have a 2.97 earned run average at home, compared to a 4.59 earned run average on the road. In addition, there are a few notes on the Brewers’ midseason purchase of SS Willy Adames has justifiably garnered accolades for helping to stabilize the team’s infield defense, but an unnoticed advantage was that it allowed Luis Urias to move to more natural positions and concentrate on hitting as a result of his efforts. Urias has a.207/.306/.362 batting line this season while playing shortstop. When he plays second or third base, he has a hitting average of.282/.367/.498. The Brewers will benefit from Adames’ return off the disabled list and Urias’ return to third base, as they will be more effective both offensively and defensively as a result. Less
- Additional Notes: Who has been the top hitter in the American League during the previous four months? Kyle Tucker is the player in question. Since May 9, Tucker has hit.338 with an OPS of 1.024, which is the best in the majors. He also has the greatest OPS in the American League. The 24-year-old outfielder showed indications of breaking out last season, but he was dealt a bad break at the start of the current campaign. Tucker’s performance has surpassed everyone else in the American League, including MVP favorites Shohei Ohtani and Vladimir Guerrero Jr., since his fortunes have changed. MoreLess
- Notes: The White Sox are too far behind the Rays to realistically clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, but they are within striking distance of the Astros for the No. 2 seed, which would guarantee them at the very least a home-field advantage in the American League Division Series. For the White Sox, who are 34-36 on the road this season and are the only team in the AL Central with a losing record away from home, it will be vital to win. MoreLess
- sNotes: Is it possible to quantify how explosive the Blue Jays’ offense has been during their current 16-3 run? To begin with, they’re averaging 7.05 runs per game on the season. They are slashing.299/.378/.557 as a collective unit. Or, to put it another way, the Blue Jays’ offense has virtually been an Aaron Judge-heavy lineup for the past three weeks. This season, Judge is batting.289/.375/.538 with the Blue Jays, marks that the team is actually exceeding in each of the three categories. Since Aug. 27, the Red Sox have had 12 players test positive for Covid-19, including LHP Chris Sale and shortstop Xander Bogaerts, as well as OF/2B Kiké Hernandez. To their credit, the Red Sox have maintained a remarkable level of consistency. The Red Sox have gone 10-9 since the epidemic began and are currently tied for second place in the American League wild card standings. This stretch of the season will be remembered as one of the pivotal moments of the Red Sox’s season if they are able to hold on and make the playoffs, as it was for the Yankees in the World Series. MoreLess
- Notes: With minimal fanfare, 1B made his debut. After three months of dominance, Freddie Freeman has emerged as one of the finest players in baseball. In his previous 85 games, dating back to June 10, the reigning NL MVP is batting.345/.419/.563, which is an uncharacteristically strong line for him after a sluggish start. 3B Despite the fact that Austin Riley is widely considered the Braves’ leading MVP candidate, Freeman has actually eclipsed Riley for the club lead in hits (161), home runs (30), and on-base percentage (.902) as a result of his outstanding summer campaign. MoreLess
- sNotes: The Padres’ difficult schedule to close out the season has received a lot of attention. The good news is that The Padres appear to be playing at or above the level of their opponents, as seen by their ability to compete against successful clubs this season. This season, the Padres are 36-31 versus teams with winning records and 40-39 against teams with winning records or worse. Their four-game road series against the Giants was split, and they now prepare for one of their most important series of the season: a three-game series at St. Louis against a Cardinals club that is now ahead of them by a half-game for the last NL wild card berth in the National League. Less is more at this juncture, and the A’s chances of advancing to the postseason for a fourth straight season will be determined by how well their bullpen performs. The A’s have gone 11-18 since Aug. 14, which is second-worst in the American League behind just the Orioles over that span. The primary reason for this is a bullpen that has a 5.81 earned run average and has blown nine of sixteen save opportunities over the course of the season. MoreLess
St. Louis Cardinals
- 76-69 Although much of the attention was focused on the Padres and the Reds for the second National League wild card, the Cardinals quietly crept in and currently hold the last position in the NL playoffs, as seen above. The Cardinals have won seven of their last eight games, including a three-game series victory over the Reds, and they have a great chance to put some distance between themselves and the other wild card contender this weekend when they open a three-game series against the Padres at Busch Stadium on Friday. MoreLess
- sNotes: How horrible has the Yankees’ recent play been, exactly? They have a 6-13 record over their previous 19 games, which is the lowest record in the American League over that span. In fact, they’re doing even worse than the Orioles, who are 7-12 over their last 12 games after beating the Yankees on Thursday night. As a result of their losing streak, the Yankees have fallen to fourth place in their own division and out of contention for a wild card slot. MoreLess
- sNotes:OF Jarred Kelenic has been getting a bit better each month, but slowly and gradually. After batting.096 in his first major league stay, Kelenic hit.154 in July after being brought back up, hit.196 in August, and is currently batting.235 in September after hitting.096 in his first big league trip. However, while the stats don’t scream off the page, the increasing trend is unquestionably something positive that Kelenic and the Mariners can take away from his first season. A Few More Points: While the Reds have seen a number of players step up to help them surge into wild-card contention, SS has been particularly impressive. Kyle Farmer has been the unsung hero of the team’s season thus far, according to the media. Farmer came into the lineup when the Reds were in severe need of a shortstop. Since July 1, he has hit.299/.340/.493 while playing much above-average defense. Farmer’s six outs over average, as calculated by Statcast, place him sixth among all MLB shortstops in that category. MoreLess
- 74-72 Notes: Despite the fact that the Philadelphia Phillies have had a tough season, they still have a great chance to enter the postseason. The Phillies are three games behind the Braves in the National League East heading into the weekend. Only three of their last 16 games will be against a club with a winning record, according to the schedule. With seven games against the Orioles and Pirates in particular, the Phillies have a good chance to make up ground fast provided they keep their focus on the minor league opponents they are playing. MoreLess
- Notes: Leaving aside the fact that supporters are not pleased, SS/2B Since joining the Mets as a trade deadline acquisition, Javier Baez has been the greatest version of himself on the field. Baez has hit.300/.368/.583 with nine home runs in 33 games since joining the Mets, and, perhaps more crucially, his strikeout percentage has dropped from 36 percent with the Cubs to 27 percent with the Mets since landing in New York. It hasn’t been enough to keep the Mets from losing ground since the trade deadline (they are 17-27 since the deadline, good for fourth-worst record in the National League), but Baez has at the very least given himself a better chance of landing a better deal in free agency than he would have otherwise gotten. MoreLess
- Notes:As the Indians inch closer to their first losing season since 2012, the growth of RHP Cal Quantrill has been an optimistic indication for the team’s future. Since being inserted into the starting rotation permanently in mid-June, Quantrill has compiled a 2.79 earned run average in 18 appearances while keeping hitters to a.218/.288/.366 slash line. Quantrill, not RHPs Zach Plesac, Triston McKenzie, or the injured Shane Bieber, has the best overall record for the Indians this season, with an ERA of 2.89 and innings pitched of 158.2. (137). MoreLess
- Notes: If the Angels don’t put together a strong finish in the remaining weeks of the season, they will end with a losing record for the sixth straight season. That has only happened once before in the franchise’s history, when they went through a stretch of seven consecutive losing seasons from 1971 to 1977. The fact that the Los Angeles Angels’ worst stretch in more than 40 years has coincided with the presence of two of the most talented players in baseball history on their roster speaks volumes about how bad their supporting cast has been, and what needs to be done to ensure that the peaks of OF Mike Trout and RHP/DH Shohei Ohtani are not squandered. MoreLess
- sNotes: The Tigers have already surpassed their previous season’s victory total and have made significant strides ahead in their reconstruction. With RHP Casey Mize and LHP Tarik Skubal at the helm, the Tigers’ rotation has compiled a very decent 4.20 earned run average this season, which ranks them 14th in the Major League Baseball. Given the presence of 1B Spencer Torkelson and OF Riley Greene in Triple-A, the Tigers’ offense may not have to wait long for a similar boost. In addition to the above, the following are notes: After years of being derailed by ailments, 2B/SS Brendan Rodgers is finally demonstrating why he was ranked as the Rockies’ top prospect for the past five years. Rodgers has hit.281/.330/.457 with 12 home runs and 42 RBIs through 87 games in his first prolonged stint in the majors. Rodgers has hit.281/.330/.457 in his first extended stint in the majors. Even after accounting for the park considerations of Coors Field, it represents league-average performance (100 OPS+) while playing both middle infield defensive positions in what is essentially his first season in the majors. MoreLess
- sNotes: The advancement of SS The Royals’ acquisition of Nicky Lopez has been a welcome development in what has been an otherwise disappointing season. With an on-base percentage of.370 and a batting average of.300, Lopez is putting up Gold Glove-level numbers while playing shortstop. Lopez’s 12 outs over average, as calculated by Statcast, are tied for the second-most in the Major League Baseball, behind only Arizona Diamondbacks shortstop Nick Ahmed. MoreLess
- sNotes: Nobody on the Cubs’ roster is expected to be in Chicago the next time the team is competitive, although 1B Jose Abreu is a possibility. Frank Schwindel is attempting to persuade the audience that he should stay. As a result of receiving his first sustained opportunity in the majors, the 29-year-old journeyman has hit.341, driven in 38 runs, and has a 1.028 on-base percentage in 49 games with the Cubs this season. If Schwindel continues to play at this level, he has a shot to earn the first base position for the Cubs, who do not have a first base prospect in their farm system as it is now constituted. A few other notes: While much has been made of RHP Jacob deGrom’s lack of run support with the Mets, RHP Sandy Alcantara has also had bad luck when it comes to his offense rallying around him. Alcantara has a 2.90 earned run average in 31 career no-decisions, and he has been particularly snubbed by the team this year. This season, he has made nine starts and given up one earned run: nine innings, one earned run
- Seven innings, zero earned runs
- Eight innings, one earned run
- And seven innings, one earned run. Moreover, he has suffered a setback in games in which he has pitched eight innings and allowed one earned run
- 8.1 innings and one run (unearned)
- And eight innings and two runs.MoreLess
- One bright spot in an otherwise dreadful season for the Twins has been the resurrection of second baseman/third baseman Erik Bedard. Jorge Polanco’s full name is Jorge Polanco. Following a five-year contract deal and his first appearance in the All-Star Game in 2019, Polanco had his worst offensive season in 2020 and was moved from shortstop following the season. With a.276/.330/.516 line, 30 home runs, 88 RBIs, and 10 stolen bases in 2021, Polanco has quietly re-established himself as one of the game’s most prolific middle infielders, reclaiming his spot among the game’s most productive middle infielders. MoreLess
National League of baseball is founded
74-72 In spite of the fact that they have had a frustrating season, the Phillies still have a strong chance to make the postseason. The Phillies are three games behind the Atlanta Braves in the National League East heading into the weekend. It is only in the final 16 games that they will play against teams who are still alive in the playoff race. With seven games against the Orioles and Pirates in particular, the Phillies have a good chance to make up ground quickly if they keep their focus on the minor league opponents they are facing.
- Since joining the Mets at the trade deadline, Javier Baez has been the best version of himself.
- Perhaps most importantly, he has reduced his strikeout rate from 36 percent with the Cubs to 27 percent with New York.
- In addition to the fact that the Indians are closing in on their first losing season since 2012, the development of RHP Cal Quantrill is a promising sign for the future.
- Quantrill, not RHPs Zach Plesac, Triston McKenzie, or the injured Shane Bieber, has the best overall record for the Indians this season, with an ERA of 2.89 and innings pitched of 152.
- For more information, click here.
- A streak of seven consecutive losing seasons from 1971 to 1977 was the only time this happened in the franchise’s history.
- This is something that must be addressed if the peaks of OF Mike Trout and RHP/DH Shohei Ohtani are not to be squandered.
In 2018, the Tigers’ rotation has posted a respectable 4.20 earned run average, which ranks them 14th in the majors.
Now that 1B Spencer Torkelson and OF Riley Greene are in Triple-A, the Tigers may not have to wait long for their offense to see a similar improvement.
It has taken five years for Brendan Rodgers to finally demonstrate why he was the Rockies’ top prospect.
Even after accounting for the park factors of Coors Field, that represents league-average performance (100 OPS+) while playing both middle infield defensive positions in what is essentially his first season in the major leagues.
It has been a welcome development for the Royals during what has been a difficult campaign for them.
In the eyes of Statcast, Lopez’s 12 outs above average rank second only to D’backs shortstop Nick Ahmed in the Major League Baseball.
Frank Schwindel is putting forth a compelling argument for staying put.
If Schwindel continues to play at this level, he has a chance to earn the first base job for the Cubs, who are currently short on first base candidates in their farm system.
As a result of 31 career no-decisions, Alcantara has a 2.90 earned run average.
This season, he has made nine starts and given up one earned run: nine innings, one earned run; seven innings, no earned run; eight innings, one earned run; and seven innings, one earned run.
Observations:The resurgence of 2B/SS Mike Zunino has been a bright spot in an otherwise bleak season for the Twins.
With the addition of a five-year contract extension in 2019, as well as his first appearance in the All-Star Game, Polanco had his worst offensive season in 2020, and he was moved from shortstop following the season.
With a.276/.330/.516 line, 30 home runs, 88 RBIs, and 10 stolen bases in 2021, Polanco has quietly re-established himself as one of the game’s most productive middle infielders, re-establishing his place among the game’s most productive middle infielders. MoreLess;
|X-Tampa Bay||100||62||.617||–||52 – 29||48 – 33||51 – 25||19 – 13||15 – 19||7 – 3||L 1|
|Y-Boston||92||70||.568||8||49 – 32||43 – 38||41 – 35||20 – 13||15 – 18||5 – 5||W 3|
|Y-NY Yankees||92||70||.568||8||46 – 35||46 – 35||36 – 40||22 – 10||22 – 12||7 – 3||W 1|
|Toronto||91||71||.562||9||47 – 33||44 – 38||42 – 34||19 – 15||16 – 16||6 – 4||W 3|
|Baltimore||52||110||.321||48||27 – 54||25 – 56||20 – 56||10 – 24||15 – 17||4 – 6||L 3|
|X-Chi White Sox||93||69||.574||–||53 – 28||40 – 41||19 – 14||44 – 32||16 – 17||7 – 3||L 1|
|Cleveland||80||82||.494||13||40 – 41||40 – 41||13 – 21||43 – 33||15 – 17||5 – 5||W 1|
|Detroit||77||85||.475||16||42 – 39||35 – 46||18 – 14||30 – 46||18 – 16||3 – 7||W 1|
|Kansas City||74||88||.457||19||39 – 42||35 – 46||12 – 21||36 – 40||14 – 19||5 – 5||L 2|
|Minnesota||73||89||.451||20||38 – 43||35 – 46||13 – 20||37 – 39||13 – 20||6 – 4||W 2|
|X-Houston||95||67||.586||–||51 – 30||44 – 37||18 – 13||19 – 16||49 – 27||4 – 6||W 2|
|Seattle||90||72||.556||5||46 – 35||44 – 37||19 – 15||15 – 17||47 – 29||7 – 3||L 1|
|Oakland||86||76||.531||9||43 – 38||43 – 38||15 – 18||23 – 10||37 – 39||4 – 6||L 2|
|LA Angels||77||85||.475||18||40 – 42||37 – 43||16 – 17||21 – 12||29 – 47||5 – 5||W 1|
|Texas||60||102||.370||35||36 – 45||24 – 57||14 – 20||11 – 21||28 – 48||5 – 5||L 1|
|X-Atlanta||88||73||.547||–||42 – 38||46 – 35||45 – 31||22 – 12||15 – 16||8 – 2||W 2|
|Philadelphia||82||80||.506||6.5||47 – 34||35 – 46||41 – 35||20 – 14||13 – 19||4 – 6||L 2|
|NY Mets||77||85||.475||11.5||47 – 34||30 – 51||39 – 37||13 – 20||16 – 17||4 – 6||L 2|
|Miami||67||95||.414||21.5||42 – 39||25 – 56||35 – 41||12 – 20||17 – 17||3 – 7||W 2|
|Washington||65||97||.401||23.5||35 – 46||30 – 51||30 – 46||14 – 18||11 – 23||2 – 8||L 5|
|X-Milwaukee||95||67||.586||–||45 – 36||50 – 31||17 – 14||47 – 29||23 – 12||4 – 6||L 4|
|Y-St. Louis||90||72||.556||5||45 – 36||45 – 36||17 – 16||42 – 34||20 – 13||7 – 3||L 2|
|Cincinnati||83||79||.512||12||44 – 37||39 – 42||20 – 13||43 – 33||11 – 22||5 – 5||W 1|
|Chi Cubs||71||91||.438||24||39 – 42||32 – 49||13 – 21||35 – 41||17 – 15||4 – 6||W 2|
|Pittsburgh||61||101||.377||34||37 – 44||24 – 57||17 – 17||23 – 53||11 – 21||4 – 6||L 1|
|X-San Francisco||107||55||.660||–||54 – 27||53 – 28||21 – 11||20 – 14||53 – 23||8 – 2||W 1|
|Y-LA Dodgers||106||56||.654||1||58 – 23||48 – 33||24 – 9||20 – 13||50 – 26||9 – 1||W 7|
|San Diego||79||83||.488||28||45 – 36||34 – 47||15 – 18||16 – 17||34 – 42||2 – 8||L 1|
|Colorado||74||87||.460||32.5||48 – 33||26 – 54||19 – 13||14 – 19||31 – 45||3 – 7||L 2|
|Arizona||52||110||.321||55||32 – 49||20 – 61||13 – 21||13 – 19||22 – 54||4 – 6||W 2|
74-72 Notes: Despite the fact that the Philadelphia Phillies have had a tough season, they still have a great chance to make the playoffs. The Phillies start the weekend with a three-game deficit to the Braves in the National League East. Only three of their last 16 games will be against a club with a winning record, which is a significant advantage. With seven games against the Orioles and Pirates in particular, the Phillies have a good chance to make up distance fast provided they keep their focus on the minor league opponents they face.
Baez has hit.300/.368/.583 with nine home runs in 33 games since joining the Mets, and, perhaps more crucially, his strikeout percentage has dropped from 36 percent with the Cubs to 27 percent with the Mets since joining the team.
MoreLess; Notes: As the Indians inch closer to their first losing season since 2012, the growth of RHP Cal Quantrill has been a promising indication for the team’s future.
Quantrill, not RHPs Zach Plesac, Triston McKenzie, or the injured Shane Bieber, has the best overall record for the Indians this season, with an ERA of 2.89 and innings pitched (137).
That has only happened once before in the franchise’s history, during a stretch of seven consecutive losing seasons from 1971 to 1977.
This is something that needs to be addressed if the peaks of OF Mike Trout and RHP/DH Shohei Ohtani are not to be squandered.
The Tigers’ rotation, led by RHP Casey Mize and LHP Tarik Skubal, has a 4.20 earned run average this season, which ranks them 14th in the majors.
MoreLess; Notes: After being sidelined by ailments for years, 2B/SS Brendan Rodgers is finally demonstrating why he was ranked as the Rockies’ top prospect for the past five years in a row.
Rodgers has hit.281/.330/.457 with 12 home runs and 42 RBIs.
MoreLess;sNotes: The development of SS The Royals’ acquisition of Nicky Lopez has been a welcome development in an otherwise disappointing season.
In the eyes of Statcast, Lopez’s 12 outs over average rank second only behind D’backs shortstop Nick Ahmed in the majors.
Frank Schwindel is attempting to persuade the team to stay.
Because the Cubs do not have a first base prospect in their farm system at the moment, Schwindel has a shot to earn the position if he continues to perform at this level.
Alcantara has a 2.90 earned run average in 31 career no-decisions, and he has been particularly snubbed by the league this season.
Moreover, he has suffered a setback in games in which he has pitched eight innings and allowed one earned run; 8.1 innings and one run (unearned); and eight innings and two runs (earned).
‘Jorge Polanco’ is a fictional character created by Jorge Polanco.
With a.276/.330/.516 line, 30 home runs, 88 RBIs, and 10 stolen bases in 2021, Polanco has quietly re-established himself as one of the game’s most prolific middle infielders. MoreLess;