While many busy dads (present company excepted) already published journalists and or writers, we do not require applicants to have professional writing experience. However, you will need to submit a writing sample containing 200-400 words on a focused topic of your choice so our editors and publishers can evaluate your ability. Correct punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure will be measured. Please do not post any attachments or resumes.
Launched in 2012, 4 Busy Dads is a resource for busy dads (and moms) looking for interesting articles, things to do, and ways to generally make the most of their limited time.
Ready? Here are the qualifications we expect of 4 Busy Dads writers, and of you as an applicant:
- You are a credible, passionate and knowledgeable subject matter expert
- Even if you’re not a professional writer, you feel ready to write interesting articles about your topic
- You are willing to provide timely, accurate and fair information
- You are willing to contribute 1-2 articles per week on average to build and keep your audience
- You are open to our feedback about your topic and articles, and are interested in creating the highest quality articles possible
Set? Join us to begin enjoying the benefits, including:
- Exposure: Build your readership with visibility on 4 Busy Dads.
- Compensation: Competitive rates recognize your writing activity and reader interest
- Humans: We are real PEOPLE, yep all of us, who will contact you on a regular basis to offer feedback, answer your questions and welcome you to our small but loyal community of contributors
- Editorial Guidance: 4 Busy Dads writers are free to write what they know, while our 4 Busy Dads team helps guide you through editorial process.
Go! Once you've decided to jump in, head over to our "Contact" page and send us a note. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Fine Print: 4 Busy Dads writers must be 18 years of age or older (or have parent/guardian permission) and U.S. or Canadian residents. Each writer is required to sign an freelance writer/blogger agreement prior to articles being accepted for publication.