2021 World Series & Playoffs
MAINSPORTSBaseball 2021 World Series2021 Viewable MLB Playoff BracketBaseball 2021 World Series2021 Viewable MLB Playoff Bracket MLB Playoff Brackets for 2021 that can be printed The Major League Baseball regular season will conclude on Sunday, October 3rd, in 2021. In two days, on Tuesday, October 5, the World Series playoffs will get under way, with the first two games (held on Tuesday and Wednesday) acting as the single-elimination wild-card games. (See the whole 2021 World Series television schedule, which can be found below.) After that, on Thursday, October 7th, a best-of-five game Division series will begin, which will be followed by the League Championship Series, which will begin on Friday, October 15th.
The 2021 World Series will be broadcast exclusively on FOX beginning on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, with a possible Game 7 airing on Wednesday, November 3rd, in the event that it goes to seven games.
|Tue. Oct. 26||Atlanta Braves 6, Houston Astros 2 – FINAL||8 PM||FOX|
|Wed. Oct. 27||Houston Astros 7, Atlanta Braves 2 – FINAL||8 PM||FOX|
|Fri. Oct. 29||Atlanta Braves 2, Houston Astros 0 – FINAL||8 PM||FOX|
|Sat. Oct. 30||Atlanta Braves 3, Houston Astros 2 – FINAL||8 PM||FOX|
|Sun. Oct. 31||Houston Astros 9, Atlanta Braves 5 – FINAL||8:15 PM||FOX|
|Tue. Nov 2||Atlanta Braves 7, Houston Astros 0 – FINAL||8 PM||FOX|
Fun Facts About the World Series of Baseball Willie Mays’ catch in the 1954 World Series was dubbed “the greatest catch ever made.” The inaugural World Series, which took place in 1903, was a best-of-nine game series (Boston beat the Pirates 5-3.) With a total of 27 World Series championships, the New York Yankees hold the record for the most World Series victories in baseball history. During the 1954 World Series, Giants’ center fielder Willie Mays made his famed leaping jump to catch a 460-foot homer from Indians’ slugger Vic Wertz, which was dubbed ” The Greatest Catch Ever Made ” by the press.
- The no-hitter came in Game 5 of the 1956 World Series, against the New York Yankees.
- In the franchise’s existence, the Mets have advanced to the World Series four times in total (1969, 1973, 1986 and 2000).
- Before sweeping the series, though, Oakland was forced to postpone the game for ten days.
- for more information.
- Follow your favorite teams to see who’s in and who’s out in the division series on the road to the World Series.
- The station provides stats, schedules, scores and results as well as the newest headline news and rumors including video highlights, photographs, and fantasy baseball.
- Major League Baseball Baseball Prospectus- Opinions on which teams are putting together the stats necessary to win the playoffs and advance to the championship games are published.
- This website offers a part dedicated to fantasy managers that wish to stay on top of their players’ information and tradeable status.
World Series History- From legendary ejections to the MVPs of previous seasons, Baseball Almanac.com has all the major league history, trivia, and World Series fun facts you’ll ever need.
World Series Tickets
The next World Series will take place from October 26th to November 3rd, 2021, and will be held in Chicago. The victors of the 2021 MLB regular season will be the HOUSTON ASTROS and the ATLANTA BRAVES, who earned their places in the World Series by playing outstanding baseball during the regular season. The Major League Baseball Playoffs run three weeks and select which two baseball teams will play in the Global Series to determine who will be baseball’s world champion. The Los Angeles Dodgers, who are now defending World Series winners, may have been one of the World Series teams in 2021.
Congratulations to the Los Angeles Dodgers, who were crowned World Series champions in 2020 after winning their first World Series since 1988.
On our site, you can find a complete list of all of the World Series Champions.
World Series Tickets
The World Series is one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world, and it serves as the finale of the 2021 Major League Baseball season. Many baseball fans consider the Fall Classic to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The demand for World Series tickets is usually high, and it is one of our most popular events to sell out. It is expected to remain the same in 2021, since there are several excellent baseball teams that will compete in the Major League Baseball playoffs for a chance to compete for a berth in the World Series.
- These two clubs will compete in a best-of-seven series to determine who will be the MLB champion in 2021.
- The World Series Games 34 and 5 will be hosted by their adversary (if necessary).
- The Boston Americans faced off against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first World Series ever played, which took place in 1903 in Chicago.
- The Fall Classic has hosted several of the most memorable games in baseball history throughout the course of the century since the first World Series was played.
- Since the series’ inception in 1903, there have been just two years in which it has not been played: 1904 and 1994.
The New York Yankees have won the most World Series championships in Major League Baseball history. The Seattle Mariners are the only Major League Baseball team to have never competed in the World Series.
2021 World Series Schedule
The World Series will take place from Tuesday, October 26th, to Wednesday, November 3rd, in the year 2021. The World Series in 2021 will begin on a Tuesday in late October and will be played over the course of eight days, with Game 7 (if required) taking place on the final day. If a fifth game of the World Series in 2021 is required, it will be played on Halloween night. The 67th game of the ’21 World Series is scheduled to take place in November. The World Series alternates between the two teams’ respective home ballparks, with the team with the best regular-season record hosting Games 1, 2, and 67, and their opponent hosting Games 3, 45, and the World Series is held every four years.
World Series 2021 Games
- Braves at Astros on Tuesday, October 26
- Astros at Braves on Wednesday, October 27
- Astros at Braves on Friday, October 29
- Astros at Braves on Saturday, October 30
- Astros at Braves on Sunday, October 31
- Astros at Braves on Tuesday, November 2
- Astros at Braves on Wednesday, November 3
- *If necessary, Braves at Astros on Tuesday, November 2
- Braves at Astros on Wednesday, November 3
Are refunds offered for World Series games that are not played?
A refund will be issued in the event that you purchase tickets to World Series games 5, 6, or 7 and that game is not played because the series has already been decided. In addition to these playoff games, the same restriction applies to all other Major League Baseball games.
Which teams has home field advantage in the World Series?
The club with the best record throughout the regular season of the Major League Baseball in 2021 will be given home field advantage in the World Series.
What games will my team be playing at home during the World Series?
The side with home field advantage hosts the first, second, sixth, and seventh games. The third, fourth, and fifth games are hosted by their opponent. Games 5, 67, and 68 are all “if required” games, which means they will not be played if a team wins the series prior to the game in question.
Which World Series game should I buy tickets for?
If you want to ensure that you will watch a World Series game, you must get tickets for one of the first four games that are guaranteed to be played in the series. However, if you want to have a truly unforgettable experience, you should take the chance and acquire tickets for World Series Game 7. Game 7 ensures that the champion is crowned, and it is one of the finest deals in the post-season due to the rapid turnaround (24 hours) following Game 6, which results in ticket prices that are frequently less expensive than the previous game in the series.
World Series Game FAQs
Ticket requirements for most Major League Baseball games are universal, however there are certain exceptions for small children in certain situations. Our World Series child ticket guide provides information on the current regulations for World Series tickets.
What time do gates open for a World Series game?
The time when the gates open for World Series games may be seen in our event guide. On the day of the game, make sure to double-check the start time because it is possible that the timing will be changed.
Bag policy for World Series home games?
The sorts of bags that may be taken into MLB facilities are restricted as a security precaution, so consult our bag policy guide to see which are permitted for World Series games. Generally speaking, most venues only allow fans to carry in tiny, transparent bags (purses), and do not let supporters to bring in large purses, backpacks, or baggage.
World Series Tickets
We have World Series tickets for regular-season and playoff games, including the MLB Playoffs and World Series games, available for purchase through our secure website.
Single-game tickets for home or away games, as well as season tickets, are available for purchase at the stadium box office. If you wish to purchase tickets for a World Series game, choose the game you want from the schedule shown on this page.
Cheap World Series Tickets
We provide a large selection of tickets for each MLB game, allowing us to accommodate fans of all financial backgrounds. Fans looking for low-cost World Series tickets may take advantage of our convenient event page filters, which enable you to sort the available inventory by price. For fans seeking for extra discounts on World Series tickets, we invite you to join our email list, where you will be informed of the latest ticket specials and special offers.
World Series Suites, VIP Tickets and Premium Seats
We have premium seats available for World Series home games. Club Seats, Suites, and VIP Tickets are available for purchase or request. Additionally, our staff can create a World Seriesevent package that includes tickets, travel accommodations, and hospitality services to meet your needs.
A ticket reseller, TicketCity, provides fans with the ability to acquire World Series tickets from a secure and reputable source. We are not the venue box office, the official ticket site, or linked with the World Series or Major League Baseball in any way. The tickets advertised for sale on our site are owned, priced, and fulfilled by the ticket seller. We do not handle any of the ticket sales. The price of a ticket may be more or lower than the face value listed on the ticket. Our order guarantee ensures that your order is protected and that you receive your tickets on time.
World Series Tickets
There are now no World Series tickets available for purchase on our site, but be sure to check back frequently as we are always adding new events to our inventory. On our site, you can find information on over 100,000 events, including several 2022 MLB Baseball ticket options. We offer Seats Plus More, which allows you to purchase excellent tickets as well as a parking permit, event hospitality, book a hotel, book an event package, or purchase a suite at a discounted price. If you know the specifics of the event you wish to attend, you may request tickets and our team will make every effort to locate what you want.
World Series 2021: Full Schedule and Players Who Will Decide MLB Championship
Marcio Associated Press photographer Jose Sanchez A slew of players with World Series experience remain in the Major League Baseball postseason after being eliminated earlier in the season. There have been three Fall Classic victors in the previous four years: the Boston Red Sox, Houston Astros, and Los Angeles Dodgers. In addition, they account for three of the previous four runners-up. The Dodgers finished second to the Red Sox and first to the Astros in 2017 and 2018, respectively, before winning the World Series in 2020.
- The National League East champion is one win away from earning its first appearance in the Fall Classic since 1999.
- On Friday, the Astros have a chance to become the first club to clinch a World Series spot.
- Atlanta will get a second shot to win the National League Championship Series on Saturday at Truist Park.
- (Fox) Game 2 will take place on Wednesday, October 27.
- (Fox) Game 4 will take place on Saturday, October 30.
- (Fox) Game 6 will take place on Tuesday, November 2nd (Fox) Game 7 will take place on Wednesday, November 3rd (Fox) Baseball Players Who Will Decide the World Series Freddie Freeman is a first baseman for the Atlanta Braves.
- The five-time All-Star and reigning National League MVP secured Atlanta’s victory in the National League Division Series against the Milwaukee Brewers with a home run off Josh Hader.
He began the series with a 0-of-8 record and seven strikeouts in eight innings.
In the seven postseason games in which Freeman has hit a home run, the Braves are 5-2.
He hit a two-run home drive in Game 5 of the National League Championship Series on Thursday, giving Atlanta a 2-1 lead before the Dodgers erupted for 11 runs.
Those figures are significant because Atlanta would be forced to go to the World Series if they win one of the last two National League Championship Series games.
As long as Freeman is able to avoid going into another severe slump to open a series, he will be a key contributor for Atlanta in its bid to win games on the road in order to start the World Series if the team makes it there.
A select group of Houston players might be regarded the team’s most significant hitters, according to certain estimates.
Correa finished second on the squad in terms of hits, trailing only George Springer.
In the postseason of 2021, he had four games with multiple hits.
The most recent instance of this occurred in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series, in which they scored seven runs in the ninth inning to put the game out of reach.
Given his position in the center of the Houston lineup, Correa may be a more crucial bat in the World Series.
Throughout the regular season, Correa demonstrated his ability to perform under pressure circumstances.
During the regular season, he drew 10 walks, hit seven doubles, and drove in four runs with four home runs in such circumstances.
The Astros have a good chance of winning their second World Series in five years if Carlos Correa continues to score critical home runs throughout the postseason. Baseball Reference provided the data for this article.
MLB Playoffs 2021: Full Schedule, TV Info, Dates for Entire World Series Bracket
Ashley Landis for the Associated Press It is the month of October. It’s postseason baseball season. The San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers were the two greatest teams in the National League during the regular season, and they were both from the NL West. The Giants and Dodgers were in a constant struggle for first place throughout the season. In the end, the Giants won the division and earned the top seed in the playoffs by finishing first in the standings. The two clubs couldn’t be more diametrically opposed.
- No one was shocked to see the Los Angeles Lakers in the postseason.
- They are ranked tenth in terms of salary, but they have benefited from strong seasons from players like as Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, and Mike Yastrzemski, who have all had productive seasons.
- At the beginning of the season, the notion that two clubs from the National League West would make the postseason would not have come as a surprise.
- The Dodgers, on the other hand, were victorious in the Division Series, defeating the Giants.
- Because of a strong rotation, a dominant bullpen, and a lineup that revolved around Luis Urias and Avisail Garcia in mid-September, the Milwaukee Brewers have been on cruise control since then as a significant threat to the National League Central.
- They have shown to be a model of tenacity, surviving a season-ending injury to sensation Ronald Acuna Jr.
- Not bad for a club that didn’t even finish above.500 until August 6, and is now the World Series winner after defeating Milwaukee, Los Angeles, and Houston in the finals of the World Series.
- After everything was said and done, the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees were both invited to the postseason, setting up a wild-card showdown between the two bitter rivals.
- New York Yankees against.
- a href=”href=”href=”href=”href=””image via Twitter: /a Red Sox vs.
a href=”href=”href=”href=”href=””image via Twitter: /a The Red Sox were victorious in this latest episode of the rivalry in the end.
- A respectable showing from the squad with the fifth-lowest payroll in baseball.
- The Rays, on the other hand, have developed into one of the best-run organizations in baseball, if not all of professional sports.
- For their part, the Houston Astros are in the postseason for the fifth consecutive season and the sixth time in seven years.
- The Chicago White Sox, headed by Tim Anderson, Jose Abreu, the 2020 American League MVP, and a strong rotation, appeared to be a serious danger.
- It was an exciting month, and you can see the complete postseason results in the section below.
- The Red Sox defeated the Yankees 6-2.
- Divisional Series are a type of baseball competition in which teams compete against one other in a divisional series.
Game 1: The Astros defeated the White Sox 6-1.
The 8th of October is a Friday.
Game 1: The Brewers defeated the Braves 2-1.
Game 1: The Giants defeated the Dodgers 4-0.
Game 2: The Dodgers defeated the Giants 9-2.
The White Sox defeated the Astros 12-6 in Game 3.
Game 4: The Red Sox beat the Rays 6-5.
Tuesday, October 12th: The Astros defeated the White Sox 10-1 in Game 4.
5-4 The Dodgers defeated the Giants 7-2 in Game 4.
Dodgers win 2-1 in Game 5 against the Giants.
Game 2: The Red Sox defeated the Astros 9-5.
Game 4: The Astros defeated the Red Sox 9-2.
Game 6: The Astros defeated the Red Sox 5-0.
Game 2: The Braves defeated the Dodgers 5-4.
The Braves defeated the Dodgers 9-2 in Game 4.
The Braves defeated the Dodgers 4-2 in Game 6.
Game 1: The Braves defeated the Astros 6-2. Game 2: The Astros defeated the Braves 7-2. Game 3: The Braves beat the Astros 2-0. Game 4: The Braves beat the Astros 3-2. The Astros defeated the Braves 9-5 in Game 5. Game 6: The Braves defeated the Astros 7-0.
2021 World Series schedule, scores, results: Braves capture title, beat Astros in six games
Nov 3, 2021at12:38 am ET 2 min read Getty Images The Atlanta Braves became World Series winners for the first time in 26 years. The Braves took defeat the Houston Astros, 4-2, in the 2021 World Series, winning Game 6 on Tuesday night. The NL East champion Braves beat out the Milwaukee Brewers in the NLDS and Los Angeles Dodgers in the NLCS to reach the Fall Classic. MLBused a 16-team postseason structure during the pandemic-shortened 60-game season a year ago. This season they went back to the traditional 10-team structure.
The non-division winners with the two best records met in the Wild Card Game, with the winner advancing to meet the club with the league’s best record in the LDS.
Below are the entire results from the 2021 postseason.
World Series (best-of-seven)
|Tues., Oct. 26||World Series Game 1||Astros vs. Braves||ATL 6, HOU 2||Fox|
|Weds., Oct. 27||World Series Game 2||Astros vs. Braves||HOU 7, ATL 2||Fox|
|Fri., Oct. 29||World Series Game 3||Braves vs. Astros||ATL 2, HOU 0||Fox|
|Sat., Oct. 30||World Series Game 4||Braves vs. Astros||ATL 3, HOU 2||Fox|
|Sun., Oct. 31||World Series Game 5||Braves vs. Astros||HOU 9, ATL 5||Fox|
|Tues., Nov. 2||World Series Game 6||Astros vs. Braves||ATL 7, HOU 0||Fox|
|Tues., Oct 5||Yankees at Red Sox (AL)||BOS 6, NYY 2|
|Weds., Oct 6||Cardinals at Dodgers (NL)||LAD 3, STL 1|
League Division Series (best-of-five)
|Thurs., Oct. 7||ALDS Game 1||Astros vs. White Sox||HOU 6, CHW 1||FS1|
|ALDS Game 1||Red Sox vs. Rays||TB 5, BOS 0||FS1|
|Fri., Oct. 8||ALDS Game 2||Astros vs. White Sox||HOU 9, CHW 4||MLB Network|
|NLDS Game 1||Brewers vs. Braves||MIL 2, ATL 1||TBS|
|ALDS Game 2||Rays vs. Red Sox||BOS 14, TB 6||FS1|
|NLDS Game 1||Giants vs. Dodgers||SF 4, LAD 0||TBS|
|Sat., Oct. 9||NLDS Game 2||Brewers vs. Braves||ATL 3, MIL 0||TBS|
|NLDS Game 2||Giants vs. Brewers||LAD 9, SF 2||TBS|
|Sun., Oct. 10||ALDS Game 3||Red Sox vs. Rays||BOS 6, TB 4 (13)||MLB Network|
|ALDS Game 3||White Sox vs. Astros||CHW 12, HOU 6||FS1|
|Mon., Oct. 11||NLDS Game 3||Braves vs. Brewers||ATL 3, MIL 0||TBS|
|ALDS Game 4||Red Sox vs. Rays||BOS 6, TB 5||FS1|
|NLDS Game 3||Dodgers vs. Giants||SF 1, LAD 0||TBS|
|Tues., Oct. 12||ALDS Game 4||White Sox vs. Astros||HOU 10, CHW 1||FS1|
|NLDS Game 4||Braves vs. Brewers||ATL 6, MIL 5||TBS|
|NLDS Game 4||Dodgers vs. Giants||LAD 7, SF 2||TBS|
|Thurs., Oct 14||NLDS Game 5||Giants vs. Dodgers||LAD 2, SF 1||TBS|
League Championship Series (best-of-seven)
|Fri., Oct. 15||ALCS Game 1||Astros vs. Red Sox||HOU 5, BOS 4||Fox|
|Sat., Oct. 16||ALCS Game 2||Astros vs. Red Sox||BOS 9, HOU 5||Fox and FS1|
|NLCS Game 1||Braves vs. Dodgers||ATL 3, LAD 2||TBS|
|Sun., Oct. 17||NLCS Game 2||Braves vs. Dodgers||ATL 5, LAD 4||TBS|
|Mon., Oct. 18||ALCS Game 3||Red Sox vs. Astros||BOS 12, HOU 3||FS1|
|Tues., Oct. 19||NLCS Game 3||Dodgers vs. Braves||LAD 6, ATL 5||TBS|
|ALCS Game 4||Red Sox vs. Astros||HOU 9, BOS 2||FS1|
|Weds., Oct. 20||ALCS Game 5||Red Sox vs. Astros||HOU 9, BOS 1||FS1|
|NLCS Game 4||Dodgers vs. Braves||ATL 9, LAD 2||TBS|
|Thurs., Oct. 21||NLCS Game 5||Dodgers vs. Braves||LAD 11, ATL 2||TBS|
|Fri., Oct. 22||ALCS Game 6||Astros vs. Red Sox||HOU 5, BOS 0||FS1|
|Sat., Oct. 23||NLCS Game 6||Braves vs. Dodgers||ATL 4, LAD 2||TBS|
Atlanta Braves World Series championship gear released
The Atlanta Braves have won their first World Series since 1995, and it is their first since 1995. For those who want to commemorate the historic victory, you can now purchase Atlanta Braves World Series jerseys, caps, sweatshirts, and other merchandise. Get your stuff right away. Purchases bought through these links may result in a commission being paid to us.
World Series schedule 2021: Dates, start times, channels, scores for every Astros vs. Braves game
Both the Astros and the Braves must be heading into the World Series with a positive attitude after their respective performances in the American League Championship Series. When facing the club that eliminated them in 2018, Houston rallied to win three consecutive games after being outscored 21-8 in Games 2 and 3 of the American League Championship Series. The Astros defeated the Red Sox by a combined score of 23-3 in the last three games to advance to their third Fall Classic appearance in five years.
- However, Atlanta shut down the Los Angeles batters in Game 6 to advance to their first World Series appearance since 1999.
- MORE:How the Braves’ reliever came to be Tyler Matzek was able to overcome his yips.
- Their most recent meeting was in the 2005 National League Division Series, when the Astros were still based in the National League Central.
- The former NL West rivals also faced off in the postseason in 1997, 1999, 2001, and 2004.
- MORE: FuboTV is broadcasting the World Series live (7-day free trial)
World Series schedule 2021
Fox will broadcast all of the World Series games this year. Despite finishing with a worse overall record than the Braves (88-73), Houston is awarded the first seed because of their superior record.
In other words, the first two games of the best-of-seven series, as well as the last two games (if required) will be played at Minute Maid Park in Houston, while the middle three games (Game 5 only if necessary) will be played at Truist Park in Atlanta.
|Date||Game||Start time||TV channel||Result|
|Tue., Oct. 26||Braves at Astros, Game 1||8:09 p.m.||Fox||6-2, ATL|
|Wed., Oct. 27||Braves at Astros, Game 2||8:09 p.m.||Fox||7-2, HOU|
|Fri., Oct. 29||Astros at Braves, Game 3||8:09 p.m.||Fox||2-0, ATL|
|Sat., Oct. 30||Astros at Braves, Game 4||8:09 p.m.||Fox||3-2, ATL|
|Sun., Oct. 31||Astros at Braves, Game 5||8:15 p.m.||Fox||9-5, HOU|
|Tue., Nov. 2||Braves at Astros, Game 6||8:09 p.m.||Fox||7-0, ATL|
*If it becomes necessary.
What channel is the World Series on in 2021?
The World Series will be shown exclusively on Fox, according to the network. Joe Buck will call the game, and John Smoltz will join him in the broadcast booth to give commentary, as the fans have grown accustomed to hearing. Ken Rosenthal and Tom Verducci will be providing updates from the dugouts and dugouts. Before and after the game, Kevin Burkhardt will anchor the Fox pre- and postgame coverage. He’ll be joined by former major leaguers David Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez, and Frank Thomas to talk about the series.
How to live stream World Series games
There are a variety of alternatives for individuals who will not be viewing the series on cable or over-the-air television. Fox Sports app or withfuboTV, which is offering a seven-day free trial, are the two options for watching the Fall Classic live.
World Series 2021: Schedules, analysis and updates from the Braves-Astros Fall Classic
The date is November 3, 2021. The World Series of 2021 has concluded, and the Atlanta Braves have been crowned winners after defeating the Houston Astros in six games. The Braves, who entered the postseason as somewhat of a dark horse, were able to find their flow against some of the finest players in baseball. Currently, they are enjoying their fourth championship as a franchise, and their first championship since 1995. From the first pitch of the series to the last celebration, we’ve got you covered with results and commentary from every game of the Fall Classic so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
ESPN Radio broadcasts every Major League Baseball postseason game.
Series with a best-of-seven final
Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves
Atlanta wins the game 4-2 Game 1: The Braves defeated the Astros 6 to 2. Top performers:
- The following stats are for Jorge Soler: 2-5, HR, RBI
- Charlie Morton: 2.1 IP, no runs, no hits, three strikeouts, two walks, and is out for the rest of the series with a leg injury.
Box score for Game 1|Highlights from Game 1 Morton tossed 16 pitches while nursing a fractured leg, and he afterwards expressed regret that he hadn’t thrown more. When asked about the loss in Game 1, Baker responded, “Our team is not concerned.” Game 2: Astros win 7-2 against the Braves. Top performers include:
- Jose Altuve went 2-4 with a home run, two runs scored, and an RBI
- Jose Urquidy went five innings, gave up six hits, two runs scored, and seven strikeouts.
Box score for Game 2|Highlights from Game 2 Altuve bounces back to help the Astros win Game 2Game 3:Braves 2, Astros 0 Top performers: Altuve (Braves) and Carlos Correa (Astros).
- With Ian Anderson pitching 5 innings and only allowing 0 hits and 0 runs while striking out 4 and walking 3 batters, the Braves’ bullpen (A.J. Minter, Luke Jackson, Tyler Matzek, and Will Smith) pitched 4 innings and allowed 2 hits and 0 runs while striking out 3 and walking 3 batters.
Box score for Game 3|Highlights from Game 3 Keown: Are you talking about analytics? Ha! The Braves went back to their roots by yanking Ian Anderson from his no-hit attempt. Inside the Braves’ post-win wine club, according to Passan After Brian Snitker removes Ian Anderson from the game in Game 3, the Braves’ bullpen comes through. Game 4: The Braves win 3 to 2 against the Astros. Top performers: Box score for Game 4|Highlights from Game 4 The Braves are one win away from winning the World Series thanks to balls to left field.
The Astros were outscored 11 to 11 and rued squandered opportunities in the setback.
Top performers include:
- Martin Maldonado went 1-3 with a walk and three RBIs
- Yuli Gurriel went 3-5 with two runs scored and an RBI
- Adam Duvall went 1-4 with a home run and four RBIs
- Carlos Correa went 3-5 with a run scored and two RBIs
- Martin Maldonado went 1-3 with a walk and three RBIs
- Martin Maldonado went 1-3 with a walk and three
Box score for Game 5|Highlights from Game 5 The most memorable moments from Game 5 The Astros’ season was rescued by Martin Maldonado’s decision not to swing.
Game 6: The Braves defeat the Astros 7 to 0. Top performers:
- In addition to Soler’s three hits, Freddie Freeman had four hits, two runs scored, and two RBIs. Ozzie Albies had three hits, two runs scored, and two RBIs. Max Fried pitched 6.0 innings, allowing four hits and six strikeouts.
Box score for Game 6|Highlights from Game 6 The most memorable moments from Game 6 Passan: F-bombs, alcohol, and a lot of love: that’s what he’s into. How the Braves came back from the brink of extinction Atlanta’s Baby Braves have grown up and are now the reigning Major League Baseball champions. ‘It’s straight out of a storybook’: Inside Brian Snitker’s arduous and tortuous journey to a World Series championship (ESPN+) Keown: ‘You’ve got to get over it’: Dusty Baker will return home without a World Series championship for the 24th time in his career.
The inside story of what happened to Jorge Soler’s home run after it was hit and departed Minute Maid Park in Houston.
- According to Passan, the Houston Astros’ core is prepared to make one more stand (ESPN+). ‘Super excited,’ but also a little jealous: Three Major League Baseball aces will have a high school reunion at the World Series (ESPN+)
- As Passan points out, the Braves – and the chop – are decades behind the times. What are the best trades you’ve ever made? The Braves’ outfield’s position throughout the history of Major League Baseball (ESPN+)
- Glanville: Dusty Baker elevates these Astros to a level that transcends their scandalous past. In the World Series between the Astros and the Braves, who has the better tools? “I adore this time of year,” Carlos Correais said of the decision to play in October. (ESPN+)
- The time has come for Freddie Freeman to shine in the World Series
- 16 days, 10 games, and a pearl necklace are all it takes. How the Atlanta Braves shocked baseball by winning the World Series
- Whether you like them or not, the Astros are actually rather excellent. 20 questions for the Major League Baseball World Series in 2021
- Which team is better, the Atlanta Braves or the Houston Astros? Who will be named Most Valuable Player? Our expert’s predictions for the Fall Classic
- All 52 participants in the World Series are ranked in order of performance
- Betting guide for the Major League Baseball World Series: The Braves and the Astros face off
How the Astros got here
The Houston Astros of the American League have had a long and weird journey thus far this season. Following their sign-stealing controversy and a sub-.500 finish in the truncated 2020 season, it was reasonable to question if Houston was actually as elite as their reputation would have you believe them to be. That response turned out to be a loud affirmative. First and foremost, the club defeated the Chicago White Sox in decisive way. Afterwards, they squared up against the suddenly resurgent Red Sox, who appeared to have them on the ropes after a flurry of home runs helped Boston grab a commanding 2-1 lead in the series.
How the Braves got here
The Houston Astros of the American League have had a long and odd journey. Following their sign-stealing controversy and a sub-.500 finish in the truncated 2020 season, it was reasonable to question if Houston was actually as elite as their reputation would have you believe it was. That answer turned out to be a resounding affirmative in the long run. First and foremost, the club disposed of the Chicago White Sox in a convincing way. Afterwards, they squared up against the suddenly resurgent Red Sox, who appeared to have them on the ropes after a flurry of home runs helped the Red Sox grab a 2-1 lead in the series.
League Championship Series
The Braves defeat the Dodgers in six games in the National League Championship Series. The Braves go to the World Series thanks to Amed Rosario’s home run. The Astros defeat the Red Sox in six games in the American League Championship Series. Alvarez leads the Astros to their third World Series championship in five years.
League Division Series
Dodgers beat Giants in five games in the National League Division Series. Keown: This is a stressful situation. Game 5 was an appropriate conclusion to this series. The Braves defeat the Brewers in four games in the National League Division Series. ESPN+ explains how the Braves rebuilt their outfield after losing Ronald Acuna Jr. and how they were able to rescue their season.
ALDS: The Red Sox avenge a four-game loss to the Rays. The smell of Fenway charm fills the air as the Red Sox pull into ALC. THE SALDS: The Astros have defeated the White Sox in four games. Are the Astros for real? MLB’s villains are attempting to reclaim baseball’s esteem (ESPN+).
Wild card games
The Boston Red Sox defeated the New York Yankees 6-2. Passan: The boom of October baseball has returned at long last. Dodgers upset Cardinals 3-1 in the National League West. Taylor and Bellinger emerge as unlikely heroes as the Dodgers walk off the field
MLB World Series 2021: All the information you need as play-offs get underway
The Major League Baseball World Series is quickly approaching, and the winner of America’s favorite pastime will be determined. For baseball fans, the postseason is just around the corner, and this year’s regular season has provided them with it all. The Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate after winning the 2020 World Series against the Tampa Bay Rays in Game 6Records were broken, homeruns were smashed, teams dominated, and some teams had more victories than they had ever had. With clubs like the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees needing a late win to cement their spots in the postseason, the battle to get into the postseason came down to the wire.
MLB Post-season Bracket
AL Wild Card GamesBoston Red Sox defeat New York Yankees 1-0 in ALWC The National League Championship Series pits the Los Angeles Dodgers against the St. Louis Cardinals. ALDS – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox – Division Series The ALDS pits the Houston Astros against the Chicago White Sox. TBANLDS – Milwaukee Brewers vs. Atlanta Braves NLDS – San Francisco Giants vs. Tampa Bay Rays The League Championship Series is a series of games that takes place at the end of the season. The American League Championship Series will pit Tampa Bay or Boston against Houston or Chicago.
Milwaukee or Atlanta World SeriesAL champions versus.
MLB Play-offs and postseason
Everything was determined on the final day of the regular season, with numerous clubs vying for the remaining two Wild Card positions in the Play-offs on the line. The American League East was the focus of attention in the contest for the two Wild Card positions in the American League. The New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays, and Seattle Mariners all participated in the game to determine the ultimate conclusion. The Mariners were unable to make it, but the Toronto Blue Jays defeated the Baltimore Orioles 12-4 to put themselves in position to make it.
The Wild Card games for the American League and National League will now be played on October 5 and 6, respectively.
Meanwhile, in the National League, the Los Angeles Dodgers will face off against the St Louis Cardinals in the Wild Card games on Friday and Saturday.
When is the MLB Division Series?
The post-season comes in thick and fast, with the Division Series taking place on October 7 and 8, and the World Series on October 14. The Division series are determined by the best of five games, with many of them likely to be decided in as few as three games due to the remarkable victory runs that some of the teams in the play-offs are currently on. A matchup between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Atlanta Braves in the National League Division Series has already been scheduled. During this time, the Chicago White Sox and the Houston Astros will be battling it out in the other American League Division Series.
The winners of the American League and National League Division Series will advance to the League Championship Series, which will decide the division champions in each league. The Atlanta Braves celebrate after defeating the Philadelphia Phillies in the National League Eastern Division finals.
When is the MLB Championship Series?
In the LCS American League, games will begin on October 15, while in the LCS National League, games will begin on October 16. The Championship Series is a best-of-seven series with nail-biting finishes in order to advance to the coveted World Series championship game. The two teams that win the League Championship Series will then participate in the World Series of baseball in 2021.
When is the 2021 World Series?
The final series will begin on Tuesday, October 26 at 7:00 p.m. The World Series is similarly comprised of seven games, with the winner being determined by the best of those seven games. The World Series champions of 2021 will be determined, for example, if a team wins four of its first four games and goes on to win four more in a row.
World Series 2021 schedule, tickets price, dates, TV channels: How to watch Houston Astros vs. Atlanta in Game 1 and beyond
Due to the fact that Atlanta hasn’t gone to the World Series since 1999, the team and its supporters should be fired up for Game 1. Will the Braves be able to defeat the Astros in this seven-game series, or will Houston be able to claim yet another World Series title? (Source: AP file) (Photo courtesy of Ashley Landis) AP The World Series of Baseball in 2021 will begin next week, with the final matchup having been decided in advance. The Houston Astros defeated the Boston Red Sox in six games to advance from the American League Championship Series, and the Atlanta Braves defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in six games to advance from the National League Championship Series, setting up a historic matchup that will conclude the 2021 Major League Baseball season.
- Atlanta Game 1 matchup.
- WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS FOR THE WORLD SERIES IN 2021?
- Tickets for the first and second games of the 2021 World Series in Houston start at around $575-$600 per seat, with prices expected to rise rapidly in the coming months.
- If you plan to attend, be sure to reserve your seat as soon as possible.
- On FOX, each and every game will be televised in its entirety.
- Tuesday, October 26: Atlanta Braves at Houston Astros – Game 1 of the series Tuesday, October 26: Atlanta Braves at Houston Astros – Wednesday, October 27 Game 3: The Houston Astros take on the Atlanta Braves on Friday, October 29.
- If you have an HDTV antenna, you can watch this match for FREE on channel 12.1 if you have an antenna.
- It costs less than $30 and arrives swiftly through Amazon Prime.
- How to see a live broadcast on the internet: This game can be seen in its entirety for FREE on fuboTV (free trial).
- You can also watch this match live on Fox Sports Live if you have the login credentials for your cable or satellite provider.
- —Tim Brown, The Oregonian/OregonLive|
Please keep in mind that if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
World Series 2021: Braves close out Astros in Game 6
The World Series has come to an end, as the Atlanta Braves have been crowned champions. Braves manager Bobby Cox was hoping to conclude the World Series on Tuesday and avoid a Game 7 in Houston after the team was denied Game 5. The mission was successfully completed – strongly. With a three-run home run from Jose Solerto, the Braves took a 3-0 lead in the third inning and never looked back en route to a 7-0 victory. Soler was selected the World Campaign Most Valuable Player for his performance throughout the series.
- The Atlanta Braves defeated the Houston Astros 7-0.
- grilled over an open flame Max Fried got the start for the Braves on Tuesday, and his first inning was, to put it mildly, exciting to say the least.
- Then Fried recorded three straight outs, including two strikeouts, to escape out of the jam without allowing any runs to cross the plate.
- Soler blasted a three-run home run in the third inning to give the Braves a 3-0 lead in the game.
- Later in the inning, Freddie Freeman would drive in two more with a two-out double to increase the advantage to 6-0.
- Champions of the World Series While Houston attempted a comeback on their home field, the Astros were unable to do it, and Atlanta captured its second World Series win in three years.
- Dansby Swanson, a native of Georgia, took in the atmosphere following the game.
- Fried tossed six shutout innings for the Braves and spoke with Ken Rosenthal about what it meant to receive the ball in Game 6.
- More information on Major League Baseball may be found here.
Braves trophy will make stop at UNG
Fans of the Atlanta Braves will get the opportunity to snap selfies with the World Series trophy for the year 2021 on February 25 on the Dahlonega Campus of the University of North Georgia (UNG). From 2 to 6 p.m. on Feb. 25, the trophy will be on display at Haines and Carolyn Hill Stadium at Lynn Cottrell Park, which serves as the home of the University of North Georgia softball team. Entry will be $5 per person (ages 10 and up), which includes admission to the University of North Carolina baseball game against Catawba College, which is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Tickets can be bought through the University of North Georgia’s Hometown Ticketing website.
According to Lee Glenn, associate athletic director for external operations at the University of North Georgia, “a Nighthawk baseball game is the ideal venue for our local and university communities to partake in the euphoria around the Braves’ World Series win.” “The Atlanta Braves have a strong following in our community, and we are looking forward to coupling the trophy photo opportunity with some of the greatest NCAA Division II baseball in the country.” In order to avoid traffic congestion, fans are urged to park near the HainesCarolyn Hill Stadium on Barlow Road in Dahlonega.
Officers from the University of North Georgia Public Safety Department will be on hand to assist with traffic flow, and shuttles will be provided if overflow parking is necessary.
The visit in Dahlonega is number 151 on the trip.
People planning to bring big groups or teams to the Braves trophy tour event at Lynn Cottrell Park should get in touch with Morgan May, the University of North Georgia Athletics marketing and events coordinator, at [email protected]
The tour will start up on February 15 in midtown Atlanta and will run through the summer of 2022.
2021 Men’s College World Series schedule
Mississippi State wins the 2021 NCAA DI baseball tournament, which was held at Charles Schwab Field Omaha. Here’s the full College World Series schedule, links to box scores and the bracket:
2021 College World Series schedule
Finals of the CWS (Best-of-3 series) Vanderbilt defeated Mississippi State 8-2 in the first game. Mississippi State beat Vanderbilt 13-2 in the second game. Mississippi State defeated Vanderbilt 9-0 in the third game. Mississippi State is the winner of the College World Series in 2021. Take a look at the final out of Mississippi State’s first College World Series championship. Results in the past: The 26th of June is a Saturday. Mississippi State defeats Texas in game 13 (Mississippi State 4, Texas 3) Friday, June 25th, 2018 Vanderbilt defeats NC State 3-1 in Game 11; Vanderbilt advances as expected.
- Louisiana-Monroe 8, Mississippi State 5 in Game 12 The 24th of June is a Thursday.
- Virginia is eliminated from the College World Series after a late rally and a huge ninth inning by Texas.
- Vanderbilt defeats Stanford in the ninth game of the season.
- The 22nd of June is a Tuesday.
- Mississippi State defeats Virginia in the eighth game.
- Mississippi State makes a comeback Monday, June 21st, 2018 Stanford 14, Arizona 5 in the fifth game.
- NC State’s Sam Highfill discusses his team’s dominant victory against Vanderbilt.
- Game 3: Virginia defeats Tennessee 6 to 0.
- Saturday, June 19th: NC State defeats Stanford 10-4 in Game 1.
- Regionals were June 4-8
- sSuper regionals were June 11-14
- The opening day of College World Series games was Saturday, June 19
- sThe CWS finals began Monday, June 28 (best out of 3)
- The last championship game of the CWS will be played on Wednesday, June 30.
- You can view the entire 64-team bracket by clicking or tapping here. On NCAA.com, you can find up-to-the-minute scores and the schedule
- Throughout the event, we’ll be broadcasting live from here until the finals in Omaha
2021 Men’s College World Series bracket
In order to see the bracket as a.PDF file, either click or touch here.
How the Men’s College World Series works
The NCAA Division I baseball tournament is a 64-team event that begins in late May or early June and concludes in late July. After two rounds of play (each consisting of many games), there are only eight teams left in the competition. The College World Series will be held in Omaha, Nebraska, with the top eight teams advancing to the finals. The CWS is the finale of the Division I tournament, in which the teams participate in two brackets, with the winners of each match advancing to the CWS finals, which is a best-of-three series to determine the NCAA championship winner.
When did the College World Series start?
This year marks the 70th anniversary of the first NCAA Division I baseball tournament, which was held in 1947 and would hardly be recognized as the same event today. The 1947 tournament featured just eight teams, who were separated into two four-team, single-elimination brackets for the sake of simplicity. California and Yale advanced to the finals in Kalamazoo, Michigan, where they played a best-of-three series against each other. California would go unbeaten in the first CWS and defeat Yale to win the inaugural championship.
HISTORY OF THE CWS: coaches with the most wins|most titles|most appearances|most conferences represented in the 2021 championship season The COLLEGE WORLD SERIES is an international competition for college athletes.
How has the NCAA Division I baseball tournament changed since its inception?
Since 1947, the event has developed tremendously. In the current season, there are 64 teams competing for the championship in four rounds (two double-elimination brackets and two best-of-three series). The following are the most significant changes to the tournament as they occurred:
- First-round playoffs were modified to double-elimination in 1948
- The final was increased to a four-team, double-elimination format in 1949, with the location moved to Wichita, Kansas
- And the final was expanded to four teams, double-elimination in 1950. 1950: The site is relocated to Omaha, Nebraska. 1954: The field is expanded to accommodate 23 teams. During the following two decades, the field size will fluctuate between 21 and 32 players. It is impossible for the field to be the same size two years in a row over the 22-year period between 1954 and 1975. 1976: The field is expanded to accommodate 34 teams, a number that will remain in use until 1982. 1982: The field is expanded to accommodate 36 teams. Following that, it would grow many times in the following years before stabilizing at 48 teams in 1987, where it will remain until 1999
- 1998-2008: A total of eight regional winners are seeded into two four-team brackets in this tournament. Those two brackets compete in a double-elimination format, with the winners of each bracket meeting in a one-game championship. During the 1999 season, the field is increased to its present size of 64 teams, and super regionals are introduced. The CWS finals are now a best-of-three series starting in 2003.
The CWS way of putting up a media day
How are teams selected for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament?
It has been a tradition in the NCAA Division I baseball tournament since 1954 to divide the field into two qualifying groups: those who get automatic berths and those who are chosen as at-large selections. Since 2014, the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee has divided the field into 31 automatic berths and 33 at-large bids, with the 31 conference winners receiving automatic berths and the remaining 33 receiving at-large bids. As part of that procedure, 16 teams are assigned national seeding and are given the option of hosting a super regional if they progress to the second round of the tournament.
What is the format for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament?
A total of four phases of competition will take place throughout the tournament: Regionals The 64 teams are divided into 16 brackets for the first round of the tournament. Each tournament has a double-elimination bracket with four teams seeded 1-4 in each division. Double-elimination implies that a team is not eliminated from the tournament until they have lost two games in a row against the other team. Super Regionals are a series of competitions that take place at the highest level of competition.
These two teams will compete in a best-of-three series.
The top eight finishers from the super regionals advance to the College World Series in Omaha.
Finals of the College World Series When the two CWS brackets are completed, the winners of those series will meet in the CWS Finals, which will be a best-of-three series to determine the NCAA champion.
When is the College World Series?
It is customary for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament to begin immediately following the conclusion of the regular season, usually in late May or early June. The College World Series, the last stage of the competition, takes place in June and brings the season to a close.
How to watch the College World Series
It is customary for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament to begin in May or early June after the conclusion of the regular season. The College World Series, the last stage of the competition, takes place in June and brings the season to a successful conclusion.
Who has won the most College World Series?
No team has won it more frequently than the University of Southern California.
In total, the Trojans have 12 championships to their credit, with the first being awarded in 1948 and the most recent in 1998. This encompasses a period from 1968 through 1974, during which USC won six out of seven national championships. The following are the winners of each tournament:
|2021||Mississippi State (50-18)||Chris Lemonis||9-0||Vanderbilt||Omaha, Neb.|
|2020||Canceled due to Covid-19||–||–||–||–|
|2019||Vanderbilt (59-12)||Tim Corbin||8-2||Michigan||Omaha, Neb.|
|2018||Oregon State (55-12-1)||Pat Casey||5-0||Arkansas||Omaha, Neb.|
|2017||Florida (52-19)||Kevin O’Sullivan||6-1||LSU||Omaha, Neb.|
|2016||Coastal Carolina (55-18)||Gary Gilmore||4-3||Arizona||Omaha, Neb.|
|2015||Virginia (44-24)||Brian O’Connor||4-2||Vanderbilt||Omaha, Neb.|
|2014||Vanderbilt (51-21)||Tim Corbin||3-2||Virginia||Omaha, Neb.|
|2013||* UCLA (49-17)||John Savage||8-0||Mississippi State||Omaha, Neb.|
|2012||* Arizona (48-17)||Andy Lopez||4-1||South Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|2011||* South Carolina (55-14)||Ray Tanner||5-2||Florida||Omaha, Neb.|
|2010||South Carolina (54-16)||Ray Tanner||2-1 (11 inn.)||UCLA||Omaha, Neb.|
|2009||LSU (56-17)||Paul Mainieri||11-4||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|2008||Fresno State (47-31)||Mike Batesole||6-1||Georgia||Omaha, Neb.|
|2007||* Oregon State (49-18)||Pat Casey||9-3||North Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|2006||Oregon State (50-16)||Pat Casey||3-2||North Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|2005||* Texas (56-16)||Augie Garrido||6-2||Florida||Omaha, Neb.|
|2004||Cal St. Fullerton (47-22)||George Horton||3-2||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|2003||Rice (58-12)||Wayne Graham||14-2||Stanford||Omaha, Neb.|
|2002||* Texas (57-15)||Augie Garrido||12-6||South Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|2001||* Miami (Fla.) (53-12)||Jim Morris||12-1||Stanford||Omaha, Neb.|
|2000||* LSU (52-17)||Skip Bertman||6-5||Stanford||Omaha, Neb.|
|1999||* Miami (Fla.) (50-13)||Jim Morris||6-5||Florida State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1998||Southern California (49-17)||Mike Gillespie||21-14||Arizona State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1997||* LSU (57-13)||Skip Bertman||13-6||Alabama||Omaha, Neb.|
|1996||* LSU (52-15)||Skip Bertman||9-8||Miami (Fla.)||Omaha, Neb.|
|1995||* Cal St. Fullerton (57-9)||Augie Garrido||11-5||Southern California||Omaha, Neb.|
|1994||* Oklahoma (50-17)||Larry Cochell||13-5||Georgia Tech||Omaha, Neb.|
|1993||LSU (53-17-1)||Skip Bertman||8-0||Wichita State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1992||* Pepperdine (48-11-1)||Andy Lopez||3-2||Cal St. Fullerton||Omaha, Neb.|
|1991||* LSU (55-18)||Skip Bertman||6-3||Wichita State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1990||Georgia (52-19)||Steve Webber||2-1||Oklahoma State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1989||Wichita State (68-16)||Gene Stephenson||5-3||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|1988||Stanford (46-23)||Mark Marquess||9-4||Arizona State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1987||Stanford (53-17)||Mark Marquess||9-5||Oklahoma State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1986||Arizona (49-19)||Jerry Kindall||10-2||Florida State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1985||Miami (Fla.) (64-16)||Ron Fraser||10-6||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|1984||Cal St. Fullerton (66-20)||Augie Garrido||3-1||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|1983||* Texas (66-14)||Cliff Gustafson||4-3||Alabama||Omaha, Neb.|
|1982||* Miami (Fla.) (55-17-1)||Ron Fraser||9-3||Wichita State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1981||Arizona State (55-13)||Jim Brock||7-4||Oklahoma State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1980||Arizona (45-21-1)||Jerry Kindall||5-3||Hawaii||Omaha, Neb.|
|1979||Cal St. Fullerton (60-14-1)||Augie Garrido||2-1||Arkansas||Omaha, Neb.|
|1978||* Southern California (54-9)||Rod Dedeaux||10-3||Arizona State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1977||Arizona State (57-12)||Jim Brock||2-1||South Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|1976||Arizona (56-17)||Jerry Kindall||7-1||Eastern Michigan||Omaha, Neb.|
|1975||Texas (59-6)||Cliff Gustafson||5-1||South Carolina||Omaha, Neb.|
|1974||Southern California (50-20)||Rod Dedeaux||7-3||Miami (Fla.)||Omaha, Neb.|
|1973||* Southern California (51-11)||Rod Dedeaux||4-3||Arizona State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1972||Southern California (47-13-1)||Rod Dedeaux||1-0||Arizona State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1971||Southern California (46-11)||Rod Dedeaux||5-2||Southern Illinois||Omaha, Neb.|
|1970||Southern California (45-13)||Rod Dedeaux||2-1 (15 inn.)||Florida State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1969||Arizona State (56-11)||Bobby Winkles||10-1||Tulsa||Omaha, Neb.|
|1968||* Southern California (43-12-1)||Rod Dedeaux||4-3||Southern Illinois||Omaha, Neb.|
|1967||Arizona State (53-12)||Bobby Winkles||11-0||Houston||Omaha, Neb.|
|1966||Ohio State (27-6-1)||Marty Karow||8-2||Oklahoma State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1965||Arizona State (54-8)||Bobby Winkles||2-0||Ohio State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1964||Minnesota (31-12)||Dick Siebert||5-1||Missouri||Omaha, Neb.|
|1963||Southern California (35-10)||Rod Dedeaux||5-2||Arizona||Omaha, Neb.|
|1962||Michigan (34-15)||Don Lund||5-4 (15 inn.)||Santa Clara||Omaha, Neb.|
|1961||* Southern California (36-7)||Rod Dedeaux||1-0||Oklahoma State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1960||Minnesota (34-7-1)||Dick Siebert||2-1 (10 inn.)||Southern California||Omaha, Neb.|
|1959||Oklahoma State (27-5)||Toby Greene||5-0||Arizona||Omaha, Neb.|
|1958||Southern California (29-3)||Rod Dedeaux||8-7 (12 inn.)||Missouri||Omaha, Neb.|
|1957||* California (35-10)||George Wolfman||1-0||Penn State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1956||Minnesota (37-9)||Dick Siebert||12-1||Arizona||Omaha, Neb.|
|1955||Wake Forest (29-7)||Taylor Sanford||7-6||Western Michigan||Omaha, Neb.|
|1954||Missouri (22-4)||John “Hi” Simmons||4-1||Rollins||Omaha, Neb.|
|1953||Michigan (21-9)||Ray Fisher||7-5||Texas||Omaha, Neb.|
|1952||Holy Cross (21-3)||Jack Barry||8-4||Missouri||Omaha, Neb.|
|1951||* Oklahoma (19-9)||Jack Baer||3-2||Tennessee||Omaha, Neb.|
|1950||Texas (27-6)||Bibb Falk||3-0||Washington State||Omaha, Neb.|
|1949||* Texas (23-7)||Bibb Falk||10-3||Wake Forest||Wichita, Kan.|
|1948||Southern California (26-4)||Sam Barry||9-2||Yale||Kalamazoo, Mich.|
|1947||* California (31-10)||Clint Evans||8-7||Yale||Kalamazoo, Mich.|
*Indicates teams who have not lost a game in the College World Series.